Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had our Zoe for just over 3 years and had a homecharger fitted at the same time. The initial charger malfunctioned and had to be replaced last September. The replacement has now broken down . We’ve done all the rebooting and turned it on this morning. As soon as we attach the lead it goes back to displaying a red triangle and doesn’t even start charging. Has anyone got experience of this.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
You don't state whether your Zoe and the charging lead work OK at a neighbour's house,, or at public charger.

Try and determine whether it is the car, the charging lead or the EVSE which is the problem.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
We have had our Zoe for just over 3 years and had a homecharger fitted at the same time. The initial charger malfunctioned and had to be replaced last September. The replacement has now broken down . We’ve done all the rebooting and turned it on this morning. As soon as we attach the lead it goes back to displaying a red triangle and doesn’t even start charging. Has anyone got experience of this.
I had my BP chargemaster unit replaced in January as it was buzzing loudly after about 20 mins charging, the new one was used a few times and has now packed up, it only flashes Amber for ~ 90 secs then the Red triangle (fault) LED flashes ten times, its then goes steady Amber and fails to charge.
It should pole between Amber and Green during boot up. EDITED as I had said Amber and Red, it is of course Amber and Green 🤦‍♂️

BP Chargemaster tried to send an update OTA but it failed, I now have to wait for engineers to come out of furlough.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You don't state whether your Zoe and the charging lead work OK at a neighbour's house,, or at public charger.

Try and determine whether it is the car, the charging lead or the EVSE which is the problem.
All public chargers in our area closed but we have charged successfully at our son’s home.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
You haven't said that it works using what combination of parts. Clearly the car works (if the charge at your Son's house was after the failure at your house ;) ), but was that on the granny lead, a tethered charger, or using your charge lead? Also, what make is your charge point?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Morning and thank you for replying. My homecharger is Chargemaster and has it’s own tethered lead. When I charge away from home I use the lead that lives in my boot.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,733 Posts
Morning and thank you for replying. My homecharger is Chargemaster and has it’s own tethered lead. When I charge away from home I use the lead that lives in my boot.
Sounds like your charger is the issue. As stated previously, if you're charging fine at other locations?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Hi OP, did you get in touch with poster #5.

Getting the cover off, after isolating the power supply of course, taking photos etc might be sufficient to identify the duff capacitors etc.

If repair is not urgent in the current easing lockdown, do you want to spend day £50 on s repair or do you want a new charger anyhow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts