Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s
380 Posts
It seems the guy in that video got the weight wrong. Jonny Smith (who I trust more) in his video "Honda e: the EV that electric car haters love" makes a similar comment to that which I made earlier, that Honda claim they chose a smaller capacity battery pack partly to reduce the weight, but Jonny questions that when the weight of the Honda e is heavier than most of its competitor cars which are larger cars with larger battery packs (except the Mini) and yet are lighter than the Honda. Here's the table from the video - you can see that it is heavier than the Zoe; only the LEAF is heavier:
View attachment 127012
It's in writing, so it must be correct! :unsure:
I still find it a bit strange that the range is so poor. It makes me wonder if they waste a lot of power warming the battery pack.
Don’t believe everything you read, I’ve just checked the Renault website, the Renault Z.E. 50 Zoe GT Line R135 starts at £28,620!

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
380 Posts
No Longer Available: EV70 NDA vehicle registration on Retention Certificate.

Please see Classifieds.

Thanks

Stephen

·
Registered
380 Posts
I put a deposit down today on a Platinum White Pearl ex-demo Advance, should get it in a couple of weeks time, can't wait!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
If it's an ex-demo car then that means it wouldn't have the software update that was applied to the customer cars before delivery, applied from late July to late August. The demo cars arrived at dealers in June. That update appears to have improved the range by about 30% or so, so it is well worth having, so I recommend asking if they can ensure that the car has the update applied before you buy it.
Thanks for that, I’ve contacted the dealer and asked for it to be applied.

·
Registered
380 Posts
What made you go for Honda e instead of a fourth Zoe?
Following a test drive in August I just couldn't get it out of my mind, even knowing its shortfalls such as a small boot, and short range.

The quirky exterior looks, the tech, the interior like no other, I had to have one.

I've taken the 5 year service plan, and extended the warranty and roadside assistance to 5 years, so in for the long haul!

·
Registered
380 Posts
For those that can, a demo Advance with less than a 1000 miles at £25k is great value I think, I'm guessing they will depreciate a lot less than the cost of a PCH or PCP. If I hadnt recently got into a new PCH I would definitely be getting one.
On Wednesday I bought a 2020 ex-demo Advance with 1000 miles on the clock, including 5 year service plan, warranty & roadside assistance extended to 5 years, for £27,250. Others may disagree but I'm happy with the deal, in for the long haul now.

Reactions: gofer
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.