Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

181 - 200 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
I just spoke to the dealer again on the phone. Looks like they gave me the wrong information!

They said I need to come in and place an order with them before the end of October to secure one form the first batch. I'll give them a £500 deposit and then Honda will refund the £800 deposit I have with them. Then they can order, but I need to decide what spec and colour I want.

Bit of a bugger because I might be moving house before it arrives. Still, if you have not actually placed an order with the deal, go do it!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Went and ordered today. They assured me that ordering the cheaper model would still be in the first batch, and that it is identical except for no heated seat/wheel and no auto parking which I didn't think was worth £2,500.

They plan to submit all two of their orders together before the end of the month and said that submission date will make no difference to delivery time, the whole first batch will be delivered together. Estimated time is June 2020, with demonstrators in March. Deliveries may be earlier, nobody knows at this stage. Deposit is fully refundable.

·
Registered
262 Posts
How did Honda get away with the model “E” when Tesla couldn’t , and had to go for the trendy model “3” in order to complete the line up to spell “S3XY”. Do we think Honda bunged Jaguar some money for us of the “E” type trade mark?

·
Registered
262 Posts
my Mistake it was Ford who had , abandoned and fought Tesla for the Model E. maybe it’s a USA trademark only? I assume Honda will have to use something else if the want to sell it in the US?

·
Registered
929 Posts
my Mistake it was Ford who had , abandoned and fought Tesla for the Model E. maybe it’s a USA trademark only? I assume Honda will have to use something else if the want to sell it in the US?
I think it might be a Europe only car. Americans tend to react badly to anything less than a 300 mile range it seems.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Went and ordered today. They assured me that ordering the cheaper model would still be in the first batch, and that it is identical except for no heated seat/wheel and no auto parking which I didn't think was worth £2,500.

They plan to submit all two of their orders together before the end of the month and said that submission date will make no difference to delivery time, the whole first batch will be delivered together. Estimated time is June 2020, with demonstrators in March. Deliveries may be earlier, nobody knows at this stage. Deposit is fully refundable.
There's a few differences. The Advance has a higher power output by 20HP or so.

Heated steering wheel, auto parking, rearview mirror/camera thing, "premium" sound system with a subwoofer, 230V AC outlet, blind spot monitor, cross traffic monitor and a heated windshield.

Is it worth £2,500? Maybe not.

I was this close to putting an order down but I think my head will prevail over the heart today.

When maybe it's late 2020 hopefully you'll be able to pick up an Ex-demo for around £22-23k, then I'll buy one for sure.

For now I've not even taken delivery of my e-Golf yet and I'm already looking for the next car lol.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Honda have done a solid by releasing the financing figures so soon. Wish VW would do the same for the ID.3. If I were single or selfish I'd have put my order in for this already, but I think the Mrs. needs the extra miles for her work.

·
Registered
929 Posts
There's a few differences. The Advance has a higher power output by 20HP or so.

Heated steering wheel, auto parking, rearview mirror/camera thing, "premium" sound system with a subwoofer, 230V AC outlet, blind spot monitor, cross traffic monitor and a heated windshield.

Is it worth £2,500? Maybe not.

I was this close to putting an order down but I think my head will prevail over the heart today.

When maybe it's late 2020 hopefully you'll be able to pick up an Ex-demo for around £22-23k, then I'll buy one for sure.

For now I've not even taken delivery of my e-Golf yet and I'm already looking for the next car lol.
Where are you getting all this from? When I look at the Honda UK web site it says the cheaper one has the same motor and power at the more expensive model, and things like the 230V outlet.

If it's wrong I'll want to change to the more expensive model but the sales man insisted that the web site was right.

·
Premium Member
10,082 Posts
How did Honda get away with the model “E” when Tesla couldn’t , and had to go for the trendy model “3” in order to complete the line up to spell “S3XY”. Do we think Honda bunged Jaguar some money for us of the “E” type trade mark?
You can't trademark the letter E - Ford have a trademark on "Model E". They could have called it the Tesla-E, like Honda-e or e-208.

181 - 200 of 227 Posts