Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

221 - 240 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Bluetooth uses around 2-15mW on your phone. (source) depending on data transfer rate, sleep mode etc

Assuming a middle value for that on a 10Wh battery (around the size in a non-XL Pixel 1) you'd lose maybe 2.1% of your battery to Bluetooth if you left it on for 24 hours. Almost negligible.
Maybe I'll try it again. I wonder if it's worse when it's connected by idle though. Like when you get in the car and it connects and stays connected for the whole journey, is that worse than scanning?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ok, the reservation has been placed. I've been told it's likely I'll miss the first round, but better to be on the list than off!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ok, the reservation has been placed. I've been told it's likely I'll miss the first round, but better to be on the list than off!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
I asked the other day and was told I definitely missed the first round and they don't know when the next round is.

If Summer 2020 is batch one I figure a second batch might come in just before the new plate at best

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I think you have missed the window now (TT)

Orders will open generally in January but I don't know when delivery will be for that.
Orders are open now. It's a very confusing system. You put down £800 for a reservation (which establishes you in a queue, apparently). Then you place an order at your dealer, with an additional £1,000 deposit (but they refund the reservation deposit of £800!). At this point the order deposit is NOT fully refundable if you subsequently change your mind. If you do, they will keep £500.

Which is barking mad.

Let's say deliveries are heavily delayed. Or the VW ID3 turns out to be a better car for you. If you cancel your order, you lose £500. I called the reservation team and they agreed that this is the case...

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Orders are open now. It's a very confusing system. You put down £800 for a reservation (which establishes you in a queue, apparently). Then you place an order at your dealer, with an additional £1,000 deposit (but they refund the reservation deposit of £800!). At this point the order deposit is NOT fully refundable if you subsequently change your mind. If you do, they will keep £500.

Which is barking mad.

Let's say deliveries are heavily delayed. Or the VW ID3 turns out to be a better car for you. If you cancel your order, you lose £500. I called the reservation team and they agreed that this is the case...

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good. Their reservation FAQ states the following:

Can I ask for a refund?

You will have the right to request a refund at any point in the process through your online account. Upon confirming your request for a refund, Honda will refund the full reservation amount back to the card used to pay the reservation. You will notified by email once the refund has been completed.
(Emphasis mine)

This seems to conflict with what you're stating above. Unless the gotcha is the reservation amount being different from the order amount.

I fully believe what you're saying is true, though, but I'd like to clarify with the local dealership too, as we haven't placed the order yet.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
My dealer took a £500 fully refundable deposit and Honda refunded the £800 one I put down. Maybe you should try a different dealer!

·
Registered
9,008 Posts

Which is barking mad.

That goes against all The Laws of EV Reservations established by Elon Musk in 2016 o_O

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’ve just put down a £800 reservation for a Honda e Advance. Nominally black, but I’m tempted to save £500 and choose the no-cost yellow.
One of the features that appeals to me is the liquid cooling and heating of the battery. Do any of you guys know if it has a heat pump?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I’ve just put down a £800 reservation for a Honda e Advance. Nominally black, but I’m tempted to save £500 and choose the no-cost yellow.
One of the features that appeals to me is the liquid cooling and heating of the battery. Do any of you guys know if it has a heat pump?
Good question, the brochure doesn't say.

I asked Honda about the charging because their web site gives two numbers, 30 minutes and 20 minutes for rapid charging. They said 20 minutes 0 to 80% which seems unlikely, I mean who rolls up to a rapid charger with 0%? But let's say 10 to 80% in 20 minutes, that's an average of 73.5kW charging. But there will be some losses and it won't be linear so they seem to be saying it will hit about 100kW peak which would be really nice.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
This seems to conflict with what you're stating above. Unless the gotcha is the reservation amount being different from the order amount.

I fully believe what you're saying is true, though, but I'd like to clarify with the local dealership too, as we haven't placed the order yet.
Have you talked to your local dealer yet? I remain amazed at what I was told, but would love to have it contradicted!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Hmmm. Interesting. Which dealer was that, if I may ask?
Hendy Honda in Portsmouth. It's a bit of a trek but I helped a friend buy a car from them a while back and was very impressed with the service.

So just to be clear people who pre-ordered for the first batch put down £800 with Honda and it's been refunded. The dealer needed a fully refundable £500 deposit.

Demonstrators due in March. First deliveries in the early summer. General orders open in January.

I had a look at a few of their other fossils the other day. Honda do make quality motors, no uneven panel gaps or dodgy paint. The interiors were nice too, if the E has the best interior they have ever made it should be quite special. The E is a little on the small side but I'm hopeful it will still be very practical. Honda are really good at practicality. They have loads of little quality of life features too, like the way if you have the front wipers on and go into reverse the rear wiper comes on automatically. Reminds me of the old Leaf in many ways, they obviously thought a lot about what EV drivers need.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hendy Honda in Portsmouth. It's a bit of a trek but I helped a friend buy a car from them a while back and was very impressed with the service.

So just to be clear people who pre-ordered for the first batch put down £800 with Honda and it's been refunded. The dealer needed a fully refundable £500 deposit.

Demonstrators due in March. First deliveries in the early summer. General orders open in January.
So having paid my £800 reservation yesterday, do I just wait for Honda to tell me when I can place an actual order?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
So having paid my £800 reservation yesterday, do I just wait for Honda to tell me when I can place an actual order?
Sorry who did you pay it to, Honda or the dealer?

If it was Honda they sent me an email telling me to call my preferred dealer and arrange the order.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry who did you pay it to, Honda or the dealer?

If it was Honda they sent me an email telling me to call my preferred dealer and arrange the order.
Sorry, I was being a bit vague. I went to the dealership and told them I wanted to proceed. They joined me up to Honda’s list and whilst there I paid £800 to Honda. Honda sent me a confirmation and reservation number via the dealership.
I later received an automated email from Honda confirming my reservation and saying they’d keep me up to date and that I should contact my local dealer.
So I’m a bit confused. I think I’ll phone the Honda helpline and try to get some more info about ordering and delivery. The dealership thought I’d be in the first batch but that seems unlikely from what I’ve read on here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Right, I’ve just phoned Honda. They said I should go back to the dealership and place an order, rather than just stay on the reservation list, in order to get onto the second batch. As you’ve said, the order involves a non-returnable £500 deposit and return of my £800 reservation. Though I’m now wondering what then is the point of the reservation list?
Anyway, they said delivery would be “Summer 2020”.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
The £500 is returnable! My dealer made that very clear, if I'm not happy with the test drive in March I get the £500 back.

The email they sent is a bit vague, I didn't realize I needed to go and order with the dealer urgently to get in the first batch initially. It is very strange, not sure what the point of the list is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just to add to the confusion, Honda have emailed me to say they are refunding my £800 because I’ve placed an order. But have I? My dealer hasn’t asked for a deposit. I think I may go quietly bonkers.

221 - 240 of 255 Posts