Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

221 - 227 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Bluetooth uses around 2-15mW on your phone. (source) depending on data transfer rate, sleep mode etc

Assuming a middle value for that on a 10Wh battery (around the size in a non-XL Pixel 1) you'd lose maybe 2.1% of your battery to Bluetooth if you left it on for 24 hours. Almost negligible.
Maybe I'll try it again. I wonder if it's worse when it's connected by idle though. Like when you get in the car and it connects and stays connected for the whole journey, is that worse than scanning?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ok, the reservation has been placed. I've been told it's likely I'll miss the first round, but better to be on the list than off!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ok, the reservation has been placed. I've been told it's likely I'll miss the first round, but better to be on the list than off!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
I asked the other day and was told I definitely missed the first round and they don't know when the next round is.

If Summer 2020 is batch one I figure a second batch might come in just before the new plate at best

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I think you have missed the window now (TT)

Orders will open generally in January but I don't know when delivery will be for that.
Orders are open now. It's a very confusing system. You put down £800 for a reservation (which establishes you in a queue, apparently). Then you place an order at your dealer, with an additional £1,000 deposit (but they refund the reservation deposit of £800!). At this point the order deposit is NOT fully refundable if you subsequently change your mind. If you do, they will keep £500.

Which is barking mad.

Let's say deliveries are heavily delayed. Or the VW ID3 turns out to be a better car for you. If you cancel your order, you lose £500. I called the reservation team and they agreed that this is the case...

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Orders are open now. It's a very confusing system. You put down £800 for a reservation (which establishes you in a queue, apparently). Then you place an order at your dealer, with an additional £1,000 deposit (but they refund the reservation deposit of £800!). At this point the order deposit is NOT fully refundable if you subsequently change your mind. If you do, they will keep £500.

Which is barking mad.

Let's say deliveries are heavily delayed. Or the VW ID3 turns out to be a better car for you. If you cancel your order, you lose £500. I called the reservation team and they agreed that this is the case...

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good. Their reservation FAQ states the following:

Can I ask for a refund?

You will have the right to request a refund at any point in the process through your online account. Upon confirming your request for a refund, Honda will refund the full reservation amount back to the card used to pay the reservation. You will notified by email once the refund has been completed.
(Emphasis mine)

This seems to conflict with what you're stating above. Unless the gotcha is the reservation amount being different from the order amount.

I fully believe what you're saying is true, though, but I'd like to clarify with the local dealership too, as we haven't placed the order yet.

·
Registered
923 Posts
My dealer took a £500 fully refundable deposit and Honda refunded the £800 one I put down. Maybe you should try a different dealer!

·
Registered
8,994 Posts

Which is barking mad.

That goes against all The Laws of EV Reservations established by Elon Musk in 2016 o_O

221 - 227 of 227 Posts