Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

361 - 380 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Dealer just emailed me to confirm that Honda have confirmed to him that we will get the £3,500 grant if the car was ordered before the 12th.

Not sure how that works, maybe Honda is just eating the £500.

They did a press release about their energy tariff too, but no details on pricing.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Manual available: https://www.honda.co.uk/content/honda/en_gb/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-owners-manuals/_jcr_content/par1/textcolumnwithimagem_2131108407/textColumn/richtextdownload_90f/file.res/20YM Honda e.pdf

Some interesting stuff!

• Over the air updates
  • No towing
  • Voice input button on the steering wheel works for Android Auto
  • Speed sign recognition and automatic speed limiting
  • Charge limit from 80 to 100%
Thanks. In my opinion this is one of the best Owners Manuals that I have seen in a very long time and miles ahead of the one for my Kona, even allowing for translation problems. This one has a good Index and Spec page(s) and even includes the noise level, in dB of the Portable Air Compressor for the Tyre! Stay safe.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Japanese manuals are usually great, they seem to love manuals. The down side is that Japanese products can be a bit tricky to use because they assume you read it first!

Page 574 is interesting: "In order to extend the lifespan of the battery, it is recommended that you fully charge the battery each time prior to driving"

·
Registered
59 Posts
Very interesting thank you.
re. Audio - yes I can do all the phone stuff and use my trusty old iPod but I was wondering whether I could plug a portable CD player in but there’s no 35mm jack.......

Re Security etc Given all the cameras on the car, surely we won’t need to install a dash cam?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Can you iPod run Car Play or use Bluetooth? If not you will need a Bluetooth adapter.

Looks like you can track your car in the app. I should ask the insurance company about that. Last time I had a Leaf I put down that it had a tracker because I could use the web site to see where it was.

It would be nice if you record the cameras but probably not.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The iPod will work because it uses a usb cable (Ipod Classics never supported anything as trendy as Bluetooth 👍)

Lets see what others say about dash cams etc

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
You can get splitters for the cameras for the camera feeds but you would have to figure out where the wiring is. It's probably not like the old days when you could get to it all with a couple of screws!

·
Registered
51 Posts
According to carwow all the car manufacturing factories in Japan are still open, so I wonder if the June delivery of the first Honda e's is still likely to be met? Mind you, I'm not sure that I'd want to collect a new Honda e if we're still in 'lockdown' and not allowed to drive except to the local shops when it's essential (less than 2 miles for me)!

I'm glad I've already got an electric car, as only driving short distances to the shops is bad for an ICE car.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
The UK dealerships are currently closed, and whether they will be open by June is open to debate. My money is that they will reopen in June so you may be lucky.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I hope it gets delayed, at the moment it's impossible to get big loans and used prices are through the floor. The job market is dead too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
According to carwow all the car manufacturing factories in Japan are still open, so I wonder if the June delivery of the first Honda e's is still likely to be met? Mind you, I'm not sure that I'd want to collect a new Honda e if we're still in 'lockdown' and not allowed to drive except to the local shops when it's essential (less than 2 miles for me)!

I'm glad I've already got an electric car, as only driving short distances to the shops is bad for an ICE car.
Looks like that might be changing if Japan is going into a 'lockdown' Coronavirus: Can Japan's 'soft lockdown' stop COVID-19? | DW | 07.04.2020

John.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
They haven't asked what wheels I want yet.

I really hope they are delayed though, now is not the time to be buying a new car. No jobs, used prices underwater...

·
Registered
51 Posts
They haven't asked what wheels I want yet.
At order time is when you should be asked which wheels you want. I specified the 16" wheels when I ordered my car.

I would assume that the first batch of cars are going to be the dealer demonstration cars.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
At order time is when you should be asked which wheels you want. I specified the 16" wheels when I ordered my car.

I would assume that the first batch of cars are going to be the dealer demonstration cars.
I was told that there would be demonstrators at the start of July and my car would be ready at the same time, so literally test drive and then I can have mine if I want it.

They are going to have to do something with the market the way it is.

361 - 380 of 384 Posts