Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

381 - 400 of 571 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Connected service pricing announced.

Given it has Android Auto I can't see many paying for the assistant, hotspot some of the navigation stuff.

·
Registered
Get £50 off Evezy! Referral code e8615
1,711 Posts
How long until dealers have inventory stock of these, do we reckon? I could be tempted by an Advance as long as I didn’t have to wait for a factory order (as I’d probably get bored and cancel)

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I read that people are able to order them for the first wave of deliveries still, probably lots of cancellations.

Speaking of which I think I'll have to cancel mine. Really frustrating.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I'm told there'll be inventory from next month, which is encouraging. Will have to go try one.

Reactions: E7EV

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Sorry for the double post, but has anyone managed to make the sums work in terms of TCO for these things?

My Tesla Model 3 on Evezy: £600/month total

Honda E base model on 37mo PCP:
£1900 deposit split over term (£52/mo)
£360/month finance
£600 insurance per year - 30yo inside M25 with 5yr NCD (£50/mo)
£20/month gap insurance roughly
£600 service plan split over term (£16/mo)
= ~£500/month total

The Advance basically adds £50/month to the finance so £550/month total.

So a £50-£100 month saving compared to a Tesla, tied in for 3 years, for what is a very nice but ultimately inferior product.

Even with a higher deposit you still have to pay the piper and take that into account, so the total cost is roughly the same give or take a tenner/month.

So... Anyone made this work?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Your insurance costs seem very high, especially for gap.

Service plan is half price for pre orders.

Are you comparing like for like on the finance?

But yeah it is expensive, hopefully Honda will have some deals.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
The half price service plan is £600 isn’t it?

Good point about the gap actually, I split that £220~ cost over one year but it should be over 3. Still it doesn’t look a whole lot better if you take £10 a month off!

The finance is as like for like as you’ll get - if anything Evezy is better as it’s flexible.

Car insurance cost itself is high because of postcode (sort of but not really London, and right next to the M25 where lots of people crash into each other). But most of these cars will live in a similar area, if not even “worse” for insurance.

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,680 Posts
My Tesla Model 3 on Evezy: £600/month tota
Remember though that for new customers this is now £800 a month, which may make the Honda e more attractive to them than it does to you. Best you keep your M3 as you’ll never get as good a deal as that again.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
It’s certainly looking that way. The Tesla PCP doesn’t come close to Evezy, and I’m still too opposed to putting cash into a depreciating asset (despite what Musk claims) to buy one outright.

I reckon it’ll only go once the Y is here, which should be around the same time as we get proper nav on AP and it’ll be worth getting an FSD model.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
**Honda e half price 5 years service package: Customer saving of £324.50 off the standard 5 years £649 service package. Applicable to all new retail Honda e models ordered from ordered from 01 April 2020 to 30 June 2020 and registered by 30 June 2020.

I imagine they will extend it now.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Adjusting the gap insurance and servicing costs... Brings the TCO down to £480 and £530/month then 😉

What happened to the good old days of inflated GFVs leading to 0 deposit 0% finance on new EVs for £200/ month?? 😂

@ John you’d pay that for an equivalent BMW/Merc/Audi anyway, the Tesla is quite good value

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I compared PCP finance. 36/37 months, 10k miles, no deposit.

Honda e £436
Honda e Advance £496
Tesla M3 SR+ £748
Tesla M3 SR+ Evezy £799

That's without paint. The Honda e paint is £550, Tesla's ranges from £1000 to £2000. Evezy includes servicing, insurance and 12k miles.

Insurance groups:

Honda e 25
Honda e Advance 29
Tesla M3 48

Model 3 insurance is going to be way higher than the Honda e, obviously how much depends on the driver.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Shows what a good deal the Evezy £600 Model 3s are. Like E7EV said, the Honda makes sense compared to Tesla PCP or Evezy’s current rates. But for some... it makes little sense as shown above :)

I wish the Honda was significantly cheaper as I really like it!

Also that illustrates that even at £800, Evezy is a good deal for Tesla.

381 - 400 of 571 Posts