Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

441 - 460 of 542 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
It's very disappointing. Honda are in a bad situation with this, their launch has been hit by COVID and it seems like they have lots of cancellations already. Not a great time to be launching a luxury car.

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,661 Posts
What was the realistic range of this thing, then? I’d quite like at least 100 miles in winter at 70mph for the occasional driving I actually do...
According to EV Database, the consumption ranges from 2.7mpkWh (motorway in winter) to 5.9mpkWh (urban in summer). They quote a usable battery capacity of 32kWh. That would give a range of 86 to 189 miles.

According to the same website, a DC charge from 10 to 80% will take from 31 minutes (100+ kW charger, 65kW max, 45kW average) to 40 minutes (50kW charger, average 35kW)

·
Registered
Get £50 off Evezy! Referral code e8615
1,702 Posts
The range of a Zoe 22 for £30k. Nice.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
According to EV Database, the consumption ranges from 2.7mpkWh (motorway in winter) to 5.9mpkWh (urban in summer). They quote a usable battery capacity of 32kWh. That would give a range of 86 to 189 miles.

According to the same website, a DC charge from 10 to 80% will take from 31 minutes (100+ kW charger, 65kW max, 45kW average) to 40 minutes (50kW charger, average 35kW)
I think they are just guessing.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
It's very disappointing. Honda are in a bad situation with this, their launch has been hit by COVID and it seems like they have lots of cancellations already. Not a great time to be launching a luxury car.
Who cares? Honda have signaled their commitment to the UK so we shouldn't worry about them :devilish: , and if it means that you can get a better deal then great. (y) Of course if you are committed to buying one at a fixed price then now is the time to reject it on the basis of the specification changes.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Well I expect it will be heavily discounted.

Imagine if you paid over 40k for a Leaf 62 and months later they were available for 30k. You have to be sure buying a brand new car that's just been released.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Where are these discounts then? 😉

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Not much. £50 maybe after insurance?

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
1,148 Posts

·
1,148 Posts
It’s not going well

·
Registered
135 Posts
It was interesting to see the weigh in on Bjorn video. This thing weighs about the same as the MG ZS EV. Considering the MG is substantially bigger and has a larger battery, what on Earth is the Honda made from? Might explain the efficiency somewhat.

Right now, the only reason to buy this thing is the mid century interior vibes, the screens and the cool looks. Everything else, is way off the mark.

It is basically a fashion accessory. Which might be enough to some people, but probably not to sell in any kind of numbers.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
That's really not looking good. Big big buffer and low efficiency. It would be okay if it was cheaper but it's not.

I've been doing some test plans with A Better Route Planner which assumes 208 Wh/km at 110 kph which seems about right from Bjorn's test and is a reasonably average speed in the UK. It's actually not too bad but I suspect they were assuming more than 28kWh available from that 35.5kWh pack.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,553 Posts
It was interesting to see the weigh in on Bjorn video. This thing weighs about the same as the MG ZS EV. Considering the MG is substantially bigger and has a larger battery, what on Earth is the Honda made from? Might explain the efficiency somewhat.

Right now, the only reason to buy this thing is the mid century interior vibes, the screens and the cool looks. Everything else, is way off the mark.

It is basically a fashion accessory. Which might be enough to some people, but probably not to sell in any kind of numbers.
It's only 20kg lighter than my Zoe. Where have they hidden all the lead ballast?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discounts on Carwow are currently at a staggering £0 off - dealers seem unaware of the cancelled orders and mountains of inventory they’re going to have come late July.

Reactions: cah197

·
Premium Member
10,905 Posts
Banana box test today too:-

Yawn. If people think Honda e buyers buy bananas they are sadly mistaken. Only superfruits for a Honda buyer :LOL:

I can't be bothered to watch his long, rambling videos to know it has a short range and is small! It is a car for short journeys and in reality they will probably end up selling most in UK to wealthy people as a 2nd car. Below explains boot is tiny (just 171 liters) and took me seconds to read... Interesting more rear seat space than 208 though!

I would have considered a used Honda e in 2022 to replace our Zoe but with tiny boot it won't work. Still like MX30 though, but only if you can disable synthetic engine sound.

·
1,148 Posts
What I learnt from his videos, that I didn’t know before, is that the charging curve is pants and the boot, as well being small, has a less than ideal shape and a fuse box in the floor.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
What I learnt from his videos, that I didn’t know before, is that the charging curve is pants and the boot, as well being small, has a less than ideal shape and a fuse box in the floor.
I think we knew about the boot, I was okay with that because it's just the two of us. It's the charging and range that is a real let down, I was thinking it was okay for me but now it turns out the buffer is so big and the charging so slow (over an hour to 100%, I know it's slower over 80% but one of the advantages of having a big buffer is supposed to be that you can charge at high speed right up to 95%+) I will have to re-evaluate. There is one trip I do several times a year where it would be have been okay but now it's pushing it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discounts on Carwow are currently at a staggering £0 off - dealers seem unaware of the cancelled orders and mountains of inventory they’re going to have come late July.
How do you know about all these "cancelled orders", or is that simply supposition?

441 - 460 of 542 Posts