Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

481 - 500 of 589 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,964 Posts
if you could charge at 80+kW like the originally promised
Really, they promised that? I guess they realised that was a bad idea as many buyers wouldn't have home charging and would use a local rapid (supermarket, gym, pub, etc.) possibly a few times a week. I suspect Renault have taken same view as I believe fairly low DC charging rates on new Zoe.

Tesla warn you if you DC charge too often and eventually knobble your max DC charge rate, which was probably a route Honda didn't want to take with a city focused car.

·
Premium Member
10,964 Posts
The ~28kWh usable battery pack capacity
That is probably wrong, we need the NAF to run it until it stops to find out. Many people claimed ZE50 has smaller usable that Renault say but didn't realise how far it could go after hitting zero percent. 30km in winter BTW.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
That is probably wrong, we need the NAF to run it until it stops to find out. Many people claimed ZE50 has smaller usable that Renault say but didn't realise how far it could go after hitting zero percent. 30km in winter BTW.

Not ideal if you need to go below 0% to get good range though.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Really, they promised that? I guess they realised that was a bad idea as many buyers wouldn't have home charging and would use a local rapid (supermarket, gym, pub, etc.) possibly a few times a week. I suspect Renault have taken same view as I believe fairly low DC charging rates on new Zoe.

Tesla warn you if you DC charge too often and eventually knobble your max DC charge rate, which was probably a route Honda didn't want to take with a city focused car.
The e208 will change that fast. Battery is a bit bigger but still.

·
Registered
Get £50 off Evezy! Referral code e8615
1,727 Posts
Should there be a Honda E section on the forum, or is it fairly obvious that nobody will buy one by now 😂

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Round trip efficiency of 75% - not too shabby on behalf of both cars, but beware trying to charge a Zoe as the efficiency would be much lower. :rolleyes: But overall very slow with a 1.3kW limit.

·
Registered
15,539 Posts
Round trip efficiency of 75% - not too shabby on behalf of both cars, but beware trying to charge a Zoe as the efficiency would be much lower. :rolleyes: But overall very slow with a 1.3kW limit.
I don’t think you could charge a Zoe as it would demand the full 10 Amps and trip the fuse.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is really bad.
Isn't that just an abbreviated version of Bjorn's longer (over 11 hours) live videos of the same journey (in reply #450)? Hence the same microwaving of Mucho Mexicano, following a Porsche Taycan, etc.. So it's no worse than the previous videos!

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
I don’t think you could charge a Zoe as it would demand the full 10 Amps and trip the fuse.
But would it charge if the portable EVSE was limited to 6A as some proprietary ones can be?

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
680 Posts
You can get away with a small, short range city car if it's also cheap. This is a folly of Aston Martin Cygnet proportions.

It may be a coincidence, but like Toyota, Honda are balls-deep in hydrogen. When this sells in laughably low numbers they can claim "well, we tried"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone hear anything from dealers? I haven't heard from mine and was going to cancel my order unless they offer a discount. Maybe the dealer knows and is avoiding me!

·
Registered
Get £50 off Evezy! Referral code e8615
1,727 Posts
So much for “demonstrators by mid July and inventory by the end of the month”.

Pandemic or none, so many manufacturers are sitting on their hands with hybrid and electric. For example, even the new Jazz has been advertised for over a year but still isn’t available - it’s a bloody Honda Jazz, a commodity car, dealers should be s****ing out thousands of the things a day!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Isn't that just an abbreviated version of Bjorn's longer (over 11 hours) live videos of the same journey (in reply #450)? Hence the same microwaving of Mucho Mexicano, following a Porsche Taycan, etc.. So it's no worse than the previous videos!
Yes, the original one was the live stream, from the live stream channel.

The actual real edited videos show up on the main channel.

Post #450 links to the range test at 90kmph, which is a different video.

481 - 500 of 589 Posts