Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
641 - 660 of 693 Posts

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
Sorry if it has been discussed already, I am just wondering whether the cancelled orders were the result of Nyland's reviews of poor range or was it to do with the pandemic?
Both for me... Well, I'd still get it if I could justify a new car, I can live with the range. But it was a massive disappointment after what they were telling us last year.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,735 Posts
It's got 28.5 kWh usable battery so it's basically between a Soul 27 and 30 range wise realistically. Ioniq still does well as it's super efficient and can be rapid charged time after time after time at full pelt.

I assume Honda could do what a few others have done and rejig the BMS so that more of the 35kwh is usable?

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
It's got 28.5 kWh usable battery so it's basically between a Soul 27 and 30 range wise realistically. Ioniq still does well as it's super efficient and can be rapid charged time after time after time at full pelt.

I assume Honda could do what a few others have done and rejig the BMS so that more of the 35kwh is usable?
I think it must have been better last year when they were saying 0-80% charge in 20 minutes. Maybe they found that there was more degradation than expected or something.

·
Short term PHEV
2020 i3
753 Posts
It looks like the pricing on these from Carleasingmadesimple has come down again in the last few days. Very tempting but in terms of practicality it’s probably just too similar to the i3 that we’ve recently acquired. Shame as I love the design.

Also £15.5k over 4 years PCH or buy outright at £27k?

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
It looks like the pricing on these from Carleasingmadesimple has come down again in the last few days. Very tempting but in terms of practicality it’s probably just too similar to the i3 that we’ve recently acquired. Shame as I love the design.

Also £15.5k over 4 years PCH or buy outright at £27k?
I looked on Carleasingmadesimple but you have to give them your details to get the full quote. That price must include a hefty deposit I think.

Bank loan would be the cheapest option. Get a £25k loan at say 3.3%. I see Nationwide are doing 2.2% loans right now but only for existing customers and apparently my ISA doesn't count.

·
Short term PHEV
2020 i3
753 Posts
I looked on Carleasingmadesimple but you have to give them your details to get the full quote. That price must include a hefty deposit I think.

Bank loan would be the cheapest option. Get a £25k loan at say 3.3%. I see Nationwide are doing 2.2% loans right now but only for existing customers and apparently my ISA doesn't count.
Hi Rei

their website is a bit quirky but there is a page where you can self configure to obtain a price. Total cost doesn’t change with size of initial so I’d go for totally flat payments so long as your credit rating allows.

re my other question on buy v lease it was really about opinions on what value would an Advance retain after 4 years and 32k miles?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
Hi Rei

their website is a bit quirky but there is a page where you can self configure to obtain a price. Total cost doesn’t change with size of initial so I’d go for totally flat payments so long as your credit rating allows.

re my other question on buy v lease it was really about opinions on what value would an Advance retain after 4 years and 32k miles?
That seems incredibly cheap... How can they offer it for that much? Must think it will keep its value after 4 years.

·
Short term PHEV
2020 i3
753 Posts
I don’t think it’s that far off where it should be for a £29k car (after PICG). I’m guessing but would hope these will have strong residuals in a few years due to low volume sales but will have a bit of a cult following due to clever styling.

I do get the feeling Honda or their finance house are pushing to shift them at the moment. Combination of low range, premium pricing, lack of dealer knowledge and advertising, Covid 19 has meant they’ve got off to a slow start perhaps

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,735 Posts
I don’t think it’s that far off where it should be for a £29k car (after PICG). I’m guessing but would hope these will have strong residuals in a few years due to low volume sales but will have a bit of a cult following due to clever styling.

I do get the feeling Honda or their finance house are pushing to shift them at the moment. Combination of low range, premium pricing, lack of dealer knowledge and advertising, Covid 19 etchas meant they’ve got off to a slow start perhaps

The HP finance seems cheaper than normal so it's why I'm looking at one. Even though it ticks non of the practicality or range boxes it's got something about it which isn't like anything else.

I have no idea how many Honda have delivered but I haven't ever seen a single on the road at all anywhere.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts

I do get the feeling Honda or their finance house are pushing to shift them at the moment. Combination of low range, premium pricing, lack of dealer knowledge and advertising, Covid 19 has meant they’ve got off to a slow start perhaps
Maybe... My dealer said they wanted to sell 7,000 in the UK this year.

·
Short term PHEV
2020 i3
753 Posts
There’s about 140 Honda dealers in the Uk, don’t know if they are all equipped for the BEV. To achieve 7000 this year they’ll have to average 2 a week for the remainder of the year. Don’t know about demand but last time I spoke to the local dealer there weren’t that many cars scheduled to arrive.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
There’s about 140 Honda dealers in the Uk, don’t know if they are all equipped for the BEV. To achieve 7000 this year they’ll have to average 2 a week for the remainder of the year. Don’t know about demand but last time I spoke to the local dealer there weren’t that many cars scheduled to arrive.
I don't know if he meant 7000 this year or 7000 per 12 months.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
7000 is nothing. Don’t SAIC churn out 7000 ZS EV’s per day?

641 - 660 of 693 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.