Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
681 - 693 of 693 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
8,394 Posts
Whatever the benefits of the current version of the e the value of the current version is likely to fall substantially as improvements are made to future versions and other competitors come onto the market. This is reflected in the lease costs where people are unwilling to guarantee a high final value.

Reactions: TJEV

·
Short term PHEV
2020 i3
753 Posts
No good finance deals though. I asked around, £2.5k down, 2 years and 5k miles, all coming back in the £450-480 range.

You can lease an eNiro 3, 2 years, 5k miles and only £2k up front for about £230/month, literally half as much. Especially with being mostly work-from-home I just can't spend that much on an e as much as I want one.
Luxury vehicle Alloy wheel Personal luxury car City car Sedan
Bumper Automotive light bulb City car Luxury vehicle Hatchback

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
Yeah those are the ones, thanks for posting them. There is a lot of uncertainty around work at the moment too, a lot of people either lost their jobs or about to next year so don't really want to commit to 4 year leases. Back in the day a 2 year PCP on a Leaf was ideal, you could get out of it at the 1 year mark if you had to.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Exactly... at least PCPs have an out at anytime as long as you’re not in negative equity. It’d be good if Elmo or similar picked up the E.

Reactions: Rei

·
Short term PHEV
2020 i3
753 Posts
Yeah those are the ones, thanks for posting them. There is a lot of uncertainty around work at the moment too, a lot of people either lost their jobs or about to next year so don't really want to commit to 4 year leases. Back in the day a 2 year PCP on a Leaf was ideal, you could get out of it at the 1 year mark if you had to.
No problem, they are nearly half the price of the figs you quoted. The best 2 year deals are dearer but still way cheaper than your figures.

For those that can, a demo Advance with less than a 1000 miles at £25k is great value I think, I'm guessing they will depreciate a lot less than the cost of a PCH or PCP. If I hadnt recently got into a new PCH I would definitely be getting one.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
No problem, they are nearly half the price of the figs you quoted. The best 2 year deals are dearer but still way cheaper than your figures.

For those that can, a demo Advance with less than a 1000 miles at £25k is great value I think, I'm guessing they will depreciate a lot less than the cost of a PCH or PCP. If I hadnt recently got into a new PCH I would definitely be getting one.
They are over 4 years so the depreciation is different. The one I posted was the best 2 year deal on leasing.com.

If you know any good deals over 2 years please let us know.

·
Registered
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s
357 Posts
On Wednesday I bought a 2020 ex-demo Advance with 1000 miles on the clock, including 5 year service plan, warranty & roadside assistance extended to 5 years, for £27,250. Others may disagree but I'm happy with the deal, in for the long haul now.

Reactions: gofer

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
Oh sorry, we were talking about different things, I meant PCP deals. I emailed a few dealers on Autotrader. I have seen that lease deal, yes it's a lot better than any PCP offers.

Why is the PCP so much worse? The lease will have the same depreciation. I don't understand why they can offer lease for half as much when the end result is basically the same, monthly payments and they have a car with £X after 2 years.

I probably confused things by talking about the Niro lease on there.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Because the dealer might have to cough up and take it back at any point along the way, I guess. Lease companies make a ton in penalties which subsidises the actual prices.

681 - 693 of 693 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.