Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

101 - 120 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure Honda are being cautiously pessimistic with their range, it would have to be pretty inefficient to only get 125 miles, maybe closer to that or less in winter?
Say it's 32kWh usable, it's 3.9mi/kWh, which seems low for WLTP. I suppose that's only slightly worse than a new shape Leaf.

·
Registered
138 Posts

New website has gone up. Honda is saying this is the production version now so its time to pick it over for changes. I can see the badges are no longer lit up. Reverse and fog lights are more visible? Nothing much else I can spot.

Now just tell me the cost Honda!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I reserved one a while back. If it comes out too much I'll just get a refund.

The lack of range estimate is strange but I think its safe to assume it can do 4mi/kwh as pretty much any EV can do at least that. This makes the range around 120 miles off the 35kWh pack (30kWh ish usable probably)

I'm guessing theyve not published because theyve not actually done the WLTP trial?

·
Registered
764 Posts
There's footage showing a range of 157km with 85% battery remaining... whether it's of the production spec remains to be seen.

But that works out to be 115 miles @ 100%. Maybe it had been ragged before the video was taken!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I reserved one a while back. If it comes out too much I'll just get a refund.

The lack of range estimate is strange but I think its safe to assume it can do 4mi/kwh as pretty much any EV can do at least that. This makes the range around 120 miles off the 35kWh pack (30kWh ish usable probably)

I'm guessing theyve not published because theyve not actually done the WLTP trial?

New website has gone up. Honda is saying this is the production version now so its time to pick it over for changes. I can see the badges are no longer lit up. Reverse and fog lights are more visible? Nothing much else I can spot.

Now just tell me the cost Honda!!
Well, they are going big on one pedal driving and I noticed that deliveries are now “Summer 2020”............

·
Registered
913 Posts
WLTP range is 135 which is about 4mi/kWh.

Since the motor is in the back it's not clear what is in the front.

The tech is nice but it needs to be cheap with that range. Figure 90 miles in winter with some safety margin.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Base price £26160
E-Advance base price £28660

Those prices are after the £3500 grant has been taken off.

Makes the new Zoe look like the bargain of 2020.

Interesting to see it has staggered tyres on such a small car, 185 on the front, 205 on the rear!

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
Any chance the grant will go back up?!
More likely they will reduce or remove as sales increase.

The GFVs Honda are offering are good and they aren't aiming to compete with Zoe and eCorsa. From £299 month they will probably sell sufficient to get experience of selling and supporting BEVs, which I suspect is objective. I don't think they expect to sell volume.

101 - 120 of 227 Posts