Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Against my better judgement, I simple cannot ignore the financial incentive.

Be honest with me, what sort of real world range will I get from a 30 KWH Leaf?

I do a 65 mile a day commute each way from Bristol to Grove, Oxfordshire.

20 miles is B & A roads, 45 is cruising at 60mph on the motorway.

My plan would be drive to work (65 miles) then leave work in the evening, top at Membury services (15miles from work) then drive home.

Is this a realistic proposition a year round? Please be honest as if it is I'm quite likely to buy one.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Hmm, I was able to do 80 in a 24kWh Leaf if I cruised at 60 and didn't care about being empty when I got home.

But I thought the Zoe already covered the trip easily?

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
100-105 miles easily.

Sounds completely do-able with a 30kWh Leaf.

@Michelle C&C ?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, I was able to do 80 in a 24kWh Leaf if I cruised at 60 and didn't care about being empty when I got home.

But I thought the Zoe already covered the trip easily?
Yes but I'm on a 10000 mile pcp, the excess mileage cost actually make the Leaf financially more attractive.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
What excess are you getting Mark? used to be 8p a mile...

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Hmm, disappointing it's gone up, but still it's a lot less than the 45p/mile I saw for a Tesla :eek:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Note that you are dependent on membury services in that plan. The rapids could involve queuing as we see more cars on the roads, though at least for that particular site you have the 16/32A units too (not sure which they are). If a wait or using the type 2 as a back is workable then sounds fine (no leaf here any more though).

Any chance you could get charging at work in the future?

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Guys,

Against my better judgement, I simple cannot ignore the financial incentive.

Be honest with me, what sort of real world range will I get from a 30 KWH Leaf?

I do a 65 mile a day commute each way from Bristol to Grove, Oxfordshire.

20 miles is B & A roads, 45 is cruising at 60mph on the motorway.

My plan would be drive to work (65 miles) then leave work in the evening, top at Membury services (15miles from work) then drive home.

Is this a realistic proposition a year round? Please be honest as if it is I'm quite likely to buy one.
Can't beat doing a test drive in low temperatures what we are having now!

Why don't you ask for an extended test drive? Are they still offering 5days test drives?

EDIT: just realised dealership don't have 30kw Leafs :(

·
Registered
244 Posts
The dealer does not have 30kwh Leaf.
Hi Mark,

Which dealership did you approach for a test drive? If you provide us with your contact details (phone number, email address and post code) we can have a member of our team contact you about arranging a test drive in the 30 kWh LEAF. Feel free to send them to us in a private message.

We hope this helps.

Thanks, ^ML

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wessex Cribbs Causeway. Been like getting blood from a stone trying to buy a car, numerous cock ups their end. Close to walking away even before I found out about the Nissan Connect issues.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm trying to buy from same place. They had one in last weekend but it was in showroom and not available for test drives

·
Registered
110 Posts
That's bizarre, I just picked my 30kwh leaf up from Wessex Cribbs Causeway on Monday. Speak to Peter Sari.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's bizarre, I just picked my 30kwh leaf up from Wessex Cribbs Causeway on Monday. Speak to Peter Sari.
Have been.

Firstly the 24kwh demo car I was having on extended test was not there when I went to collect.

Then, we worked out a deal I was happy with, came to order next day & cost per month had increased by £80.

Then they came back with a marginally better price than a competitor, on a like for like basis, only when I checked they had "forgotten" to include the extended warranty, so the price went up.

Now they don't seam to be able to get to the bottom of the connect issues & the effects on delivery times.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts