Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The MGZS horn regularly goes off when I leave the car to go to boot, or simply move away from car. It even happens if the passenger leaves the car and I am still in it. I presume it is because the keys are still inside. Is there anyway to turn this feature off as the 3 horns are annoying the neighbours.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,257 Posts
Turn the car off and get out the car before anyone else and it won't beep?

·
Zoe Devotee
9,257 Posts
(y)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Its happened to me three or four times and its not good! Not good for my 84 year old mother once too.

I agree that if you get out before anyone else it does not go off. If you open your door and the passenger gets out and closes their door the three horns sound. Annnnnoyyyying! Seems like its set up to react to all doors including the drivers. Ideally it should only respond to the driver's door only. (n)

If you open your door and close it again it bongs to remind you not to leave the key in the car! ?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Its happened to me three or four times and its not good! Not good for my 84 year old mother once too.

I agree that if you get out before anyone else it does not go off. If you open your door and the passenger gets out and closes their door the three horns sound. Annnnnoyyyying! Seems like its set up to react to all doors including the drivers. Ideally it should only respond to the driver's door only. (n)

If you open your door and close it again it bongs to remind you not to leave the key in the car! ?
In my opinion its a good idea to remind you not to leave your keys in the car.But yes a bit ott on every door, to me the three short beeps don't bother me as they are not very loud.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
The MGZS horn regularly goes off when I leave the car to go to boot, or simply move away from car. It even happens if the passenger leaves the car and I am still in it. I presume it is because the keys are still inside. Is there anyway to turn this feature off as the 3 horns are annoying the neighbours.
This video explains how it is configured.
As others have said, it should be active on the drivers door only.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,257 Posts
This video explains how it is configured.
As others have said, it should be active on the drivers door only.

The correct vernacular for horn sounding that he's looking for is parping I believe.

A Pap is very much something altogether different in Scotland.... :whistle:

·
Zoe Devotee
9,257 Posts
Reactions: Carty
1 - 10 of 10 Posts