Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm only on day 6 with an EV so not quite sure how easy or hard this should be, but it's certainly more difficult now to book a hotel than it was in the past!

I needed a hotel in Salisbury so I'd booked http://www.grasmerehotel.com/ as they had publicised a new charger installed earlier this year but when I asked the receptionist what type it was she didn't have a clue. Luckily I'm meeting a work colleague there who lives locally and the photo's he's taken confirm it's a Type 1.

Better news with the http://www.the-redlion.co.uk/ as they answered an email enquiry and came back with a description of the charger and the size of the parking space! I knew it was a Type 2 Mennekes anyway as it says so on ZCW but the car park is tiny while the Model S is, erm, not so much! Looks like I will have to take a punt at the Red Lion, unless anyone here has any other suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
7,507 Posts
I know a number of Best Westerns have type 2 posts from ZCW, might be worth checking them out.

Also, worth phoning the hotel you wanted to book to tell them you'll be staying at one of their competitors instead, but they can buy a 7kw type 2 wallpod for ~£280 from Rolec if they want you to book with them next time!

Reactions: Brooktop

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've booked with the Red Lion. The staff there have been great and I've been assured there's plenty of room to get the car in as they've had a transit a range rover and a MB S class in there. £15 a night for parking though...

·
Registered
394 Posts
The staff there have been great and I've been assured there's plenty of room to get the car in as they've had a transit a range rover and a MB S class in there.
Mentioning those other cars as comparison just reminded me, I read a comment the other day saying that the Model S is wider than a Maybach and longer than a Bentley Continental. I didn't believe it but have been meaning to check so just looked at the numbers and it actually is!

The fact that it's so big and heavy and yet so fast, what a bruiser of a car :cool:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would be great if the main hotel search sites (or even the hotel's own website) would just mention they have charger! Perhaps we need to start a database?

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
This is where charge maps could get ahead, I mentioned it on a ZeroNet thread too. If could narrow not just by type/speed, but by location type, ie Lodgings, Motorway Services, Shopping Complex and such.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts