Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an app out there that produces a reasonably comprehensive list of (UK) hotels with charge points? The only ores I've found seem woefully incomplete.

Or, failing that, does anyone know how to access details of which chains are good for EV drivers, and, ideally, which of their hotels are equipped?

Working backwards from pin locations on Zap-Map or WattsUp is a bit tedious.

Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
Also another tip - if you want to search Airbnb listings with EV charging, once you have performed your search and are on the map - add this to the end of your URL (the website on your address bar):

Code:
&amenities%5B%5D=97
It will update the search to show any listings which the host has listed as having an 'EV charger'.

Note if you change the zoom level, it will remove the filter you pasted above.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both.
@Tandy: Bearing in mind your the Hotels.com suggestion, I checked and Booking.com has a similar facility.

Also another tip - if you want to search Airbnb listings with EV charging, once you have performed your search and are on the map - add this to the end of your URL (the website on your address bar):

Code:
&amenities%5B%5D=97
How on Earth did you find that out???

It strikes me as more than a little odd that chains in particular aren't making it easy to find out which of their properties are EV equipped. I mean, what's the point of installing the perishing things if you don't make it easy for EV drivers to find out they are there??!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I came across it on a Reddit post! I should have sourced it at the time! Here goes

Agree, I had to do some searching a couple months back and it's not easy to find EV friendly hotels / accommodation. Surprisingly, there is very little in Cornwall - and those hotels that do have facilities are rapids which are rather highly priced.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nickel, you still may need to check what sort of charger and what network. My car has a type 1 socket, and I nearly booked somewhere that only had Tesla chargers.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
3,958 Posts
I mean, what's the point of installing the perishing things if you don't make it easy for EV drivers to find out they are there??!
Hoseasons (and a lot of other holiday parks) have EV charging on their sites, but do any of them have them as a searchable feature? No, is the short answer.

There are some sites that B/B show charging available and on some cottage sites you can find chargers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts