Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had car 5 weeks and got the “Washer fluid low” alert come up on the dash. Filled it seemed to take about a litre and a half. Is it really that small? I am used to vehicle with 5 litre reservoirs. Anyone know the actually capacity? Or is something wrong?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Small is better: much easier to adjust concentrate to the freezing point required. Fill it up every 2nd or so charge.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
The container is easily seen if you lift the velcroed panel to the left of the Frunk. A couple of litres might be an exaggeration. It’s pretty small.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately mine is now nearly 2700 miles in 6 weeks. Anyway bottle is now full so will see how long it lasts before a fill, not sure if it was full to the top when I picked it up. At least they car warns you to fill up so not really an issue.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Usually the bigger washer bottle are only used when the vehicle has power headlamp wash as these take a lot of water in use.

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this is like rain-x, but the turbo version. I never really use windscreen wipers above say 40mph as it just clears itself in the airflow https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gtechniq-ClearVision-Smart-Glass-15ml/dp/B00T2ZH7B4 . Recommended. Dunno why new cars don't come with it applied, it could be a service item after 30k miles
I have the GardX version on the screen which sort of works. I used to use Aquapel which I think was better and also have Maguiars Glass sealant. Thank you for the recommendation will give this a go. I love watching the beads roll up the screen. In a past life I was a car detailing nut, won awards, luckily I have grown out of this. There are now a new generation of car care products that are amazing.
Not windscreen related but just testing TurtleWax Rinse and shine, just wash car rinse, while car is still wet spay on then rinse off. Water beads like crazy so my paintwork shifts water no issues. Also £6 a bottle online 😉

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the GardX version on the screen which sort of works. I used to use Aquapel which I think was better and also have Maguiars Glass sealant. Thank you for the recommendation will give this a go. I love watching the beads roll up the screen. In a past life I was a car detailing nut, won awards, luckily I have grown out of this. There are now a new generation of car care products that are amazing.
Not windscreen related but just testing TurtleWax Rinse and shine, just wash car rinse, while car is still wet spay on then rinse off. Water beads like crazy so my paintwork shifts water no issues. Also £6 a bottle online 😉
Cool.
I've found AM Details products to be excellent and highly recommend their quick detailer. Were recommended to me by the company that PPFd one of my cars.
It's more expensive than £6 but hey.
Wax, Wax, Wax isn't it??

·
Registered
270 Posts
It doesn't look like you can fill it all the way up either? Whenever I've filled mine up right to the top I can see the there is plenty of available space left. I don't think it's bubbles :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I have noticed this, dispite filling it, it only seems half full. I may experiment and see it putting a bit of pipe (e.g fish tank pipe) as this may enable the air to escape.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts