Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all
Just got my new MG 2 days ago and using the granny charger at work and were i live.
After about 1 minute watching outside from the window the display in the dashboard shuts off.
When I come to the car after a couple of minutes ir 1 hour if I want to see the prgoress I press on the car keys remote to lock the dore again and only then the display in the middle of the dash port lights up and shows me the battery percentage and remaining time to be fully charged for about 20 seconds.
This is very annoying since when i press the lock button on the remote when the car is allready locked the headlights turn on and the car beeps and then I have to press lock again the cancel the beeping.
Is there another way to check the battery/charging status after a while?
The application bjorn showed in thaliand would have been great but its not availvale in my country(Israel).
Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Gpsnow. The feature you describe is designed to help locate the car in a busy carpark. You can turn off the 'Find my car' function, or set it to headlights only in the main settings menu. Alternatively, you can approach the car without the key and press the door button, or simply open and close the rear hatch. If you press the door button with the key in your pocket it will unlock the car and stop the charge, but you can press a second time to re-lock and restart the charge.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum @Gpsnow. The feature you describe is designed to help locate the car in a busy carpark. You can turn off the 'Find my car' function, or set it to headlights only in the main settings menu. Alternatively, you can approach the car without the key and press the door button, or simply open and close the rear hatch. If you press the door button with the key in your pocket it will unlock the car and stop the charge, but you can press a second time to re-lock and restart the charge.
Hi and thanks
I chose thise setting, And know I can turn them off and what they do.

My problem is not seeing the charging precantage...

·
Registered
833 Posts
Sorry I don't understand. Once you have woken the car up using one of the methods described above you get a 'car is connected but not charging' message if unlocked, or battery percent and miles remaining if locked. After a short while, charge time remaining is calculated and also displayed. To see the charge speed when connected to a granny you need to get in, start and lock the car then toggle through displays to view how many volts and amps the car is receiving.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your correct, but if i work for 9 hours and want to check the charging process after 3 hours quickly.
May be it stoped, may be its to slow, just want to see if it went from 50% to 60%...
Opening the car seating locking it again is to long, i am working, i dont want to go inside the car each time.
I know the mg logo lights up in the front but that does not help me to check the precantage

·
Registered
833 Posts
As described above, you only need to unlock, get in, lock and start if you want to know charge rate. The other methods I describe above allow you to see the battery percentage without opening the door. Takes a few seconds.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
As for an app, just hope that the ovms project finds out how to monitor the eZS.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Maybe the OP missed this - as suggested by WalkingBootWeather

"Alternatively, you can approach the car without the key and press the door button"

Because the key is not in the vicinity of the car, the single press on the door handle button does not actuate the unlock sequence, but the status screen inside the car shows for about 20 seconds (or more) the current range and battery percentage.

I have not verified this with the granny charger but it certainly works for the domestic 7 kW charger.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Works with both granny charger and 7kW domestic. Does not work when on a rapid charger but you can usually see the state of charge on the chargers screen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don’t press the unlock button as this stops charging. Just press the lock button, but make sure you have sound disabled in find my car. Works fine for me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You dont need a key... just press any door release button or tailgate then look throught the window the centre panel will show charging ( or not) and percentage complete.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great...
Got my answers.
Thank you guys.
It seems there is no end to learning about ev's...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts