Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I would like to upgrade navigation and existing version shows 2015 Central Europe. I googled and found there re two types of maps (Pro and media). I don't find any VW SD card on storage section and I guess I have a map stored on hard disk.

Can you please advise me how to upgrade to 2020 version?

Regards,
Muhammad

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found the way and VW offers downloadable maps upgrade for Discover Pro version. Maybe it will be also helpful for others if they have pro version

·
Registered
119 Posts
You're probably better off using Waze or Google Maps. The VW system is not particularly clever, but whatever you like best I guess.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Below is how I do it (I mainly use a Tomtom for longer journeys) I use the display on the dash for displaying traffic using a wifi dongle in the boot :) I also upload the pocketgpsworld cameras to my POI's so I know mobile hotspot locations etc. Hope it helps.

USB Stick formatted to FAT32
Rename it to VW Navi
3 files on stick take other USB devices out
MIB1
MIB2
metainfo2.txt

Go to the website Downloads

Select your model and choose the head unit you have, download the file European map updates (can take a while).

You will then need to download 7z (zipping software) to extract the files before moving them to the SD Card below:

Remove memory card in glovebox, delete files on it and put the 3 files below on it once extracted:
MIB1
MIB2
metainfo2.txt

Insert SD Card and start the car, this should load the new map on the system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts