Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, props due to My Electric Avenue and Benfields - just learnt that my Leaf is just about to be registered and delivery is likely to be arranged for the end of next week.

That would be the exact provisional target date they set when placing the order at the start of May, which would be 3 weeks from order to delivery. If it happens, that is most unacceptable! I still don't have a charge point installed at home (about 3-4 weeks away), and @nuWorld Energy still have the EVSE kit on backorder so I probably won't have a charging brick in time!

I foolishly expected the same languishing delays other users had when no info on a confirmed date was forthcoming. What a happy dilemma to be in :D.

Unfortunately our Leaf is coming with 6.6kW charger and no brick so life is going to get interesting in those initial weeks with no home charger and no EVSE brick. Bring on the range anxiety! :mad::D:mad::D I hope public charging in Bristol is up to the job!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Why the delay with your home charge unit? Are you waiting for British gas or are you having it fitted by a local government accredited installer?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why the delay with your home charge unit? Are you waiting for British gas or are you having it fitted by a local government accredited installer?
@Chris Everitt Specifically I want a 32A Type 2 socketed Rolec unit - most are fitting pod point or Chargemaster/Polar under OLEV which I don't want to touch with a barge pole. Installer I'd been talking to isn't local so batching up installs.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You only get one chance at the grant so you best get the 32amp one. You had bad experiences with the other manufacturers? The unit being fitted externally?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You only get one chance at the grant so you best get the 32amp one. You had bad experiences with the other manufacturers? The unit being fitted externally?
Yes, external. Won't give money to Chargemaster, pod-point style over substance. Rolec unit actually has integral breaker, easily replaceable parts & din mount.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Enjoy your electric driving. The company phev outlander arrives end June - looking forward to driving past the petrol station and smiling - well until my 33 miles of electric runs out!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Enjoy your electric driving. The company phev outlander arrives end June - looking forward to driving past the petrol station and smiling - well until my 33 miles of electric runs out!
Thanks. I'm also taking an Outlander PHEV on the company. GX4h in Amethyst Black. Guess we're waiting for the same boat from Japan to dock in Avonmouth! Drove one last week, some annoying issues but overall very impressed.

·
Registered
MG ZS Exclusive
271 Posts
Well, props due to My Electric Avenue and Benfields - just learnt that my Leaf is just about to be registered and delivery is likely to be arranged for the end of next week.

That would be the exact provisional target date they set when placing the order at the start of May, which would be 3 weeks from order to delivery. If it happens, that is most unacceptable! I still don't have a charge point installed at home (about 3-4 weeks away), and @nuWorld Energy still have the EVSE kit on backorder so I probably won't have a charging brick in time!

I foolishly expected the same languishing delays other users had when no info on a confirmed date was forthcoming. What a happy dilemma to be in :D.

Unfortunately our Leaf is coming with 6.6kW charger and no brick so life is going to get interesting in those initial weeks with no home charger and no EVSE brick. Bring on the range anxiety! :mad::D:mad::D I hope public charging in Bristol is up to the job!!
Pfft! I ordered my Leaf Acenta with 6.6kW charger end of march, was given a 2nd on May delivery date which is now extended to 27th June! In contrast I got my home Rolec ordered and installed in 5 days! (paid for the 32A upgrade) I am suffering from delay anxiety :(

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pfft! I ordered my Leaf Acenta with 6.6kW charger end of march, was given a 2nd on May delivery date which is now extended to 27th June! In contrast I got my home Rolec ordered and installed in 5 days! (paid for the 32A upgrade) I am suffering from delay anxiety :(
Ouch! Also through Fleetdrive/Benfields on the Elec Avenue social trials? If so, either they've mixed me up with someone else or its the old nhs waiting list trick of taking delivery of my delivery date, instead of taking delivery. :mad:

·
Registered
MG ZS Exclusive
271 Posts
What does the NHS green car lease scheme involve?
3 year lease, salary sacrifice, all costs included in lease price except fuel, this will be my second car on this scheme

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi
Ouch! Also through Fleetdrive/Benfields on the Elec Avenue social trials? If so, either they've mixed me up with someone else or its the old nhs waiting list trick of taking delivery of my delivery date, instead of taking delivery. :mad:
Hi Paul, I am very sorry for the delays that you had experienced, unfortunately if the factory delay delivery to the dealer, it has a knock on affect and I promise you I am on the phone hounding the dealer and Nisan. I hope you are enjoying your Leaf, and I am always happy to help or to answer any questions you have.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Hi

Hi Paul, I am very sorry for the delays that you had experienced, unfortunately if the factory delay delivery to the dealer, it has a knock on affect and I promise you I am on the phone hounding the dealer and Nisan. I hope you are enjoying your Leaf, and I am always happy to help or to answer any questions you have.
Hi Vicky
Welcome to our forum. As you are posting as a representative of a business would you please add this to your signature so that it's clear.

·
Super Moderator
6,389 Posts
Hi Rob, I am answering as me, not Fleetdrive, but my reply was to my customer, sorry, bit confusing.
Hi Vicky, even if you are answering as you I would make life clear for everybody if you could add your commercial interests as an explanation in your signature.

Thanks Andy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts