Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up my Pimlico Blue ZS EV Exclusive later this week.

Pre-reg with delivery mileage for £23,642.

This seems to be roughly the same price as the “early adopters” got, but without the wait time?

Would genuinely appreciate any comments on whether or not this was actually a decent deal / good price :)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
There's 6-month old ones on AT from private sellers for around £20,600?

Rather someone else paid the £3,000 depreciation in 6months personally...!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ll swallow £3k and avoid private sellers. I also prefer PCP over cash - overall cost is identical to buying outright then selling in 3 years.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's about the same price I paid for my pimblico blue baby back in February. This included the opening deal so you did well to get it at that price. Competition has hotted up now and there is a lot more choice. I'm still pleased with my purchase, even more now the bongs have gone.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I think we’ve had the PCP/ownership argument a few times already, I respect the difference in opinion!

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,107 Posts
Why worry. You’ll only keep it for six months tops...;)

·
Registered
360 Posts
giggle..

Local MG (Richmond) have a special offer on at 21,995. I keep my cars ages (ooh, I see someone else has commented:) ) so I'm tempted even if my current one is ICE is only 11 years old.;-)

Off to do a bit of research on charging curves and real world mileage and er.. bongs!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Pre-reg with delivery mileage for £23,642
I think it's a good price..The blue is a premium paint option costing hundreds more, and the Exclusive is also a moderately expensive upgrade these days.
I'm not sure you could buy the same car brand new for that. In a few years time the slight extra age won't matter.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,107 Posts
giggle..

Local MG (Richmond) have a special offer on at 21,995. I keep my cars ages (ooh, I see someone else has commented:) ) so I'm tempted even if my current one is ICE is only 11 years old.;-)

Off to do a bit of research on charging curves and real world mileage and er.. bongs!
Ask for first refusal on @TiJayFLY ’s MG. It’ll be up for sale for £18k in less than six months. He loses interest in cars very quickly 😉

·
Registered
360 Posts
Incidentally the Richmond offer is on the Exclusive, although that doesn't mean much to me.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@E7EV how dare you 🤣 I’ve actually thought this one through and made sure there’ll be equity in the car the whole way...

I’ll probably also stay away from the Pilot stuff for a bit, because reasons.

Reactions: E7EV

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How did that dealer buy that car off someone in the first place? Even WBAC would have given them that for it.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I think you had a decent deal to be honest.
I sold my old car privately and then used every bit of the offer price for the early adopters.
I even had £200 discounted from the price because I already had a wall box.
I was happy with the deal I had.
I bought the car outright and it was the smallest amount of cash I have ever put to upgrading a car in a long time.
Plus an EV to boot !.
Be happy with your purchase and forget about the cost now, it’s a done deal !.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,262 Posts
I only put it on here to resist the temptation to buy it - we just bought a Zoe 40 yesterday !!
..18kwr by any chance. My P/X was also sold yesterday and my worries over the battery lease ended today. (y)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts