Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, some help please. Looking at purchasing a RENAULT ZOE I DYNAMIQUE NAV ZE 40 and just would like confirmation that if the car has an 'i' does that mean it is battery owned? It's a 68 plate, but not the R110.

Buying used from a deceased estate - little in the way of paperwork. Any advice appreciated. Mileage is just under 5000 and vehicle was registered Dec 2018 - no first service.

Any ideas what a good, realistic price on this would be?

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Little blue i badge on the back, and if you look inside the door cards there will be the model name. If that has Dynamique -i then that confirms it too.

You can also put the reg into Autotraders valuation tool and see if that comes back with Dynamique-i. Finally you can always ring RCI (Renault's Finance company) and ask them to confirm if they have a lease against the battery on it.

Anything around the £16k mark would be a good buy at the current market rates.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,021 Posts
Mileage is just under 5000 and vehicle was registered Dec 2018 - no first service.
I’d just check with Renault that the warranty is still valid in view of the missing first service. Repairs on EVs can be expensive, so if there’s no warranty in place, allow for this when you make your offer.

Reactions: Mermoo

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
You should also run an HPI type check and they should report any outstanding finance which includes any battery lease.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Fast ways:
Price
"i" badge on the back (if photos hide this, is 100% rental)
If description goes on about lifetime warranty on batteries = rental
If not mentioned anywhere that's owned batteries = rental

Making sure:
Many 3rd party mot/tax check sites state the full model name (which will have "i" before model name of owned battery)
Calling rci to triple check it is the 100% safe way.

If Considering either, remember that you won't be saving money comparing it with a petrol car if you're paying battery rental, as the battery hire per mile cost is about the same as the difference on cost between fuel and eletricity. (assuming you won't benefit on congestion zone charges etc)

Sure owned battery cars cost 4-5k more, but also remember that you can drive as much as you want at 1-2p per mile without "per mile" fees and that you get all/most of the extra cost on resale (which is also easier and faster to sell privately) unlike the hire one, which the rental battery money is 100% lost and harder to sell privately.

Dont fall for the "battery warranty" sell bs on the hire, specially if still within the manufacturers 8year/100k miles warranty (which covers the owned battery too)

All the best on your search, I gave up 1 year ago as 99% of the zoes in the market were either battery hire, or cost more used than what I could get it as a brand new owned battery + home charger off a dealership.
Ended up buying new, 1 year'ish later (today) I could pretty much sell it for about the same i paid for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts