Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There must be many owners who have done this, hopefully they still frequent this forum.
I guess resetting the infotainment back to factory. I assume this means the weConnect card is now disconnected from the car.
What happens to the weConnect account at HQ? How does that get deleted?
Anyone got some advice?

·
Premium Member
Some EVs or other
10,446 Posts
There must be many owners who have done this, hopefully they still frequent this forum.
I guess resetting the infotainment back to factory. I assume this means the weConnect card is now disconnected from the car.
What happens to the weConnect account at HQ? How does that get deleted?
Anyone got some advice?
Just reset to factory settings in the car, and delete the vehicle from your WeConnect account.

That’s it really, you don’t need to delete the WeConnect account as that’s yours and not the cars, and has no info in it other than what you signed up with.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't forget to delete the car from any congestion charge sites / Dartford crossing etc. auto payment schemes. The new owner won't be able to register the car if it's still registered to you.
Ahh, good thinking. I should do that too. Thanks

·
Registered
2020 e-Golf
882 Posts
I asked VW to close my We Charge account, seeing as I had no need for the card any more and they had my credit card details associated with it.

I still have my We Connect account (I still have a VW), but no more traces of We Charge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts