Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me out folks!

I can't seem to find a way to stop the voice from reading out my contacts when using the phone. As I scroll down the list of contacts, the text to speech reads out the names. I can't find any way to turn it off.

Can somebody tell me where to find this in the settings?

Turning off 'voice guidance' in the settings turns off the navigation voice but not the phone voice.

I can't really just turn the volume down as that stops any other sounds from being heard.

It's very annoying.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Help me out folks!

I can't seem to find a way to stop the voice from reading out my contacts when using the phone. As I scroll down the list of contacts, the text to speech reads out the names. I can't find any way to turn it off.

Can somebody tell me where to find this in the settings?

Turning off 'voice guidance' in the settings turns off the navigation voice but not the phone voice.

I can't really just turn the volume down as that stops any other sounds from being heard.

It's very annoying.
I take it from the lack of replies, there is no way to turn it off. :cry:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi,

mine doesn’t do it and I do remember it doing it! from my distant memory of this annoying ‘feature’ I seem to recall it was actually the phone doing it and the setting was in the iPhone doing it and not the car.

This assumes you are iPhone of course!

John

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

mine doesn’t do it and I do remember it doing it! from my distant memory of this annoying ‘feature’ I seem to recall it was actually the phone doing it and the setting was in the iPhone doing it and not the car.

This assumes you are iPhone of course!

John
I've fiddled around with my phone and still can't find how to turn it off. The text to voice is the Nissan cars voice, not the Google voice I get if I use Android Auto. So it must be something to do with the car, but can't find any way of turning it off. :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts