Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

How do I stop the (Text to Speech) voice when scrolling through contacts on the phone?

839 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  thecaretaker 
#1 ·
Help me out folks!

I can't seem to find a way to stop the voice from reading out my contacts when using the phone. As I scroll down the list of contacts, the text to speech reads out the names. I can't find any way to turn it off.

Can somebody tell me where to find this in the settings?

Turning off 'voice guidance' in the settings turns off the navigation voice but not the phone voice.

I can't really just turn the volume down as that stops any other sounds from being heard.

It's very annoying.

#2 ·
Help me out folks!

I can't seem to find a way to stop the voice from reading out my contacts when using the phone. As I scroll down the list of contacts, the text to speech reads out the names. I can't find any way to turn it off.

Can somebody tell me where to find this in the settings?

Turning off 'voice guidance' in the settings turns off the navigation voice but not the phone voice.

I can't really just turn the volume down as that stops any other sounds from being heard.

It's very annoying.
I take it from the lack of replies, there is no way to turn it off. :cry:

#3 ·
Hi,

mine doesn’t do it and I do remember it doing it! from my distant memory of this annoying ‘feature’ I seem to recall it was actually the phone doing it and the setting was in the iPhone doing it and not the car.

This assumes you are iPhone of course!

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.