Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used the onboard SatNav on a couple of occasions to find a nearby ChargePoint and allowed it to guide me to the charger. All very good.

My question....

There are new CCS chargers appearing daily in the UK. How do I update my SatNav to make it aware of new chargers?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have used the onboard SatNav on a couple of occasions to find a nearby ChargePoint and allowed it to guide me to the charger. All very good.

My question....

There are new CCS chargers appearing daily in the UK. How do I update my SatNav to make it aware of new chargers?
There is a 2019 Q4 update in the navi extras tool box for electric charging information so you could try that.
I would un check the map upgrade and just install the electric charge info.
If you have a look at this thread How to update Sat NAV definitions? all the info on how to install is there

·
Registered
3,472 Posts

My question....

That’s interesting John !.
I did not know that the Sat Nav had the function to display and guide to nearest charging points.
I had heard it has the facility to locate petrol station in there !.
I guess this has been carried over from the ICE model if that is indeed the case ?.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s interesting John !.
I did not know that the Sat Nav had the function to display and guide to nearest charging points.
I had heard it has the facility to locate petrol station in there !.
I guess this has been carried over from the ICE model if that is indeed the case ?.
The EV finds EV Charging Points.

There were some early cars given to journalists for testing back in 2019 that did not have up to date software installed - maybe MG should have been more careful about that.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
The EV finds EV Charging Points.

There were some early cars given to journalists for testing back in 2019 that did not have up to date software installed - maybe MG should have been more careful about that.
Thanks for that John !.
You learn something new everyday on here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts