Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,,
I now have my Rolec Type 2 charge point with L1 and L2 both on the same phase taking 14.4 amps each and the neutral taking 29 amps I am charging the 250e Mercedes in half the time, the car uses three separate chargers at 230 v I am only supplying two of the three chargers as the Rolec unit has a device called mode three that limits the charge to a 32 A Max.
My question is what other Type 2 EV’s use same charging system as the 250e and are there any that the modified unit would damage? As I offer my charge point on PlugShare l will need to be clear who can safely still use it.

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,178 Posts
If you've modified it like that, pull your listing from the likes of Plugshare and save the headache of liability if/when someone eventually complains that you've damaged their car. It's not worth the risk.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I agree with 80698 - get your modified EVSE off of plugshare, the risk is too high.

You haven't made clear whether your EVSE is tethered or not, and where you have changed the wiring if it is tethered. Potentially this is compatible with a number of other three phase equiped cars but may damage their internal wiring as the peak current through the neutral is higher than normal due to the "phases" being the same. Depending on whether you have used L1 and L2 (as opposed to L1 and L3) you should be OK with 22kW three phase cars, but if L3 is used keep earlier Zoes well away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts