Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

How far could you drive for the price of your mobile phone deal?

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  AndyK 
#1 ·
Ever compared everyday costs that you never give a second thought to, with how far you could drive in your EV each year for the same amount?

Worked it out for my BMW i3 and was staggered that my Vodafone £25/month deal could take me 8,500 miles on grid power, or 17,000 on PV.

There's loads of comparisons to be done, but work out how far you could drive for the cost of your mobile bill and let us know...You'll be staggered.

Solar Carports - The Power to Drive - www.solarcarports.co.uk

#7 ·
Not far I pay £5.11 a month. Based on Ecotricity that's about 660miles. Probably about 6,500 charged at home miles. Or I Scotland about 12,000 miles a year and I'd have a savings account increasing by £5.11 a month.

#9 ·
On Polar Plus rates (not including the subscription fee, assuming nobody is including their standing charge), 1257 miles...

On my overall average cost per mile, 918 miles :)

How on earth are you calculating 8,500 miles in £25? That's 0.3 pence per mile, which suggests you're paying 1.17 pence per kWh?! Or are you calculating it annually...?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.