Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Northampton Handyman
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tomorrow I'm going to look at and possibly buy a 2013 Kangoo ZE that has only done 8,000 miles. I gave the registration number to my local Renault garage and they told me it has a 75% state of health, which they consider to be "really good" for a 7-year-old Kangoo. Does that sound right? I understand that the rental batteries get replaced at 60%, so Renault consider antything above 60% to be serviceable. Not sure whether to buy this van or not. Driving it home 100 miles may be tricky, but I only drive 10-20 miles per day so it'll probably meet my work needs once I've got it home. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Don't forget the battery Rental. If still leased then Renault will bring the pack back up to 75% minimum

·
Premium Member
11,317 Posts
Don't forget the battery Rental. If still leased then Renault will bring the pack back up to 75% minimum
No, as above 22kWh Kangoo has a 60% guarantee but rental is cheap. Below courtesy of Go Green

·
Premium Member
11,317 Posts
Driving it home 100 miles may be difficult
Wimp ;) Not difficult, just boring and worse at present with little open. We picked up B Class from York and had to drive home to Newbury and at 11kW max it didn't charge much quicker.

I am confident lease details above are correct, but call RCI if you want to be 100% sure.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Not sure where they get those figures from. Fluence has a similar battery, and my 2013 is about 72% now. BTW, don't think Renault actually put new batteries in when they get low. They just offer to buy the vehicle back from you.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,110 Posts
Have a look at the GoGreen Autos website as mentioned by @proddick It’s full of information on Renault vans and they have quite a few for sale. They do informative videos as well. Could be worth giving them a call.

·
Registered
17,463 Posts

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
The 2013 van I'm looking at has 75% which is much worse than average degradation. Think I'll keep looking.
Probably needs a BMS update.
I was sarcastic to @cah197 above but he has point - the figure may be artificially lower than others on the market due to not having the update. My sarcasm was around whether the figure after the update is true or just a function of Renault wanting to avoid meeting the guarantee - as if. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
634 Posts
To answer your original question, expect a range of around 50 to 60 miles this time of year, lower in winter.
Also remember the van only charges at just over 3kW, so you would need a length stop of around 6 hours or more depending how low you're prepared to let the battery get. When you factor in an overnight stay, it might be worth looking at getting it transported to you instead.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
925 Posts
What are Renault like for honouring their battery warranty? Nissan’s don’t seem too bad at taking action, is it the same with a Zoe?

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
What are Renault like for honouring their battery warranty? Nissan’s don’t seem too bad at taking action, is it the same with a Zoe?
There are less claims made, so less are honoured. That may be due to different battery chemistry or the change to the BMS settings.

To be fair I suspect that it is just that the batteries are stronger and they heat up less due to a lighter car and less Rapid charges.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts