Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have just signed up to the Octopus EV salary sacrifice scheme through my work. Octopus have placed the order for the car today and just waiting for MG to confirm the order.
I’ve ordered the trophy connect in black.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I work in the automotive manufacturing industry. All car makers are suffering from chip shortages so lead times are massive and it's not supposed to get much better until the end of this year. Luckily China is less effected so hopefully MG will do better at delivery than some OEMs

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What's the Octopus EV salary sacrifice scheme?
It’s a scheme that employers can sign up to, for their employees to lease EV’s but they save money on tax. So the MG I’m leasing is about £500 a month (can’t remember the exact figures) but because it comes out before I get taxed, the money I lose after tax is only £350 a month. So it’s essentially costing me £350 a month. Sorry I’m not very good at explaining it.

So not only do you making savings in tax, but it also comes with other really good features such as:
Free tyres due to wear and tear
Free insurance + one named driver
Free breakdown cover
Free maintenance and servicing
£500 damage waiver for any end of lease damages
10,000 miles worth of electricity for free if you switch to octopus energy as your energy supplier

I think your employer saves money in tax aswell if they join the scheme, so there’s a benefit to them doing too. Here’s a link with details: Salary Sacrifice | Octopus Electric Vehicles

·
Registered
999 Posts
Hi, I have just signed up to the Octopus EV salary sacrifice scheme through my work. Octopus have placed the order for the car today and just waiting for MG to confirm the order.
I’ve ordered the trophy connect in black.
They should have given you a lead time.

Ordered through Tusker this week and they gave me 20 weeks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've also signed up through the Octopus EV Salary sacrifice scheme and ordered in Jan 👊

I've been told delivery date is 11th April and spoken to Octopus on numerous occasions regarding whether this date is going to be accurate or not. They set the April 11th date from the start and have maintained throughout that the date is still set. From what they've told me, they ordered a ton of EV's when they came out in preparation for people like ourselves joining the scheme (so hopefully they ordered as soon as the cars went on sale!)

On another MG EV thread on this site, I understand that a ship docked at Bristol at the end of Feb which I'm hoping will have our cars on!

🤞

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've also signed up through the Octopus EV Salary sacrifice scheme and ordered in Jan 👊

I've been told delivery date is 11th April and spoken to Octopus on numerous occasions regarding whether this date is going to be accurate or not. They set the April 11th date from the start and have maintained throughout that the date is still set. From what they've told me, they ordered a ton of EV's when they came out in preparation for people like ourselves joining the scheme (so hopefully they ordered as soon as the cars went on sale!)

On another MG EV thread on this site, I understand that a ship docked at Bristol at the end of Feb which I'm hoping will have our cars on!

🤞
That's good to know! I've only asked them once about the delivery date since ordering, and I also asked which dealer it was ordered with. The answer was that they hadn't had any updates from the dealer about the delivery date slipping, but they seemed pretty confident that they would update quickly if it did slip. The dealer it was ordered with was Arnold Clark.

·
Registered
ZE50 GT Line R135 CCS, Mar '20
327 Posts
Not heard from them myself yet but apparently Vanarama are ringing something like 400 customers to let them know the April 7th date they were giving out last week has slipped, and it's more likely to be September now...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

🤞
So just had an update saying my delivery date is still 30th March, and I asked about how they are able to keep the same delivery dates, despite many others saying their delivery dates are being pushed back many months.
The answer I received was this: We pre-order vehicles with the dealerships which allows us to allocate them to drivers. Which is why other drivers on the forums have longer lead times.

So exactly the same as you have been told, so actually quite optimistic about getting my car at the end of the month 🤞

·
Registered
999 Posts
Ordered my SR in Jan.

New date I have is "Late June".
Dealer emailed today to say the car is ready for delivery. Crazy given they recently only just said June.

Can't accept it due to my current lease ending in June, so I'm likely now at the back of the queue.

Anyone that's ordered an SR might be getting a car earlier than they expected now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dealer emailed today to say the car is ready for delivery. Crazy given they recently only just said June.

Can't accept it due to my current lease ending in June, so I'm likely now at the back of the queue.

Anyone that's ordered an SR might be getting a car earlier than they expected now.
Is the MG also going to be a lease? Which dealer is this out of interest?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts