Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the trigger on an order for a Pure at the start of last month, got the paperwork through and all that, but although the VW site accepted the order number, and show the car with the correct colour, some time has now passed with no other updates.

So, how long does it take before the car starts its build process?

Yes I am impatient already....

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
was reading on a German website that Chrome and Firefox can be used to give further details of delivery dates. A translation is below, but a) I can't figure out how to get this to work (possibly me being dense) and b) I don't know if this gives any more information than normal.

Anyone here know any better than me? Google translation below. It's a copy and paste so I know nothing more.

Below you will find instructions on how to read out your "exact" delivery date and the order status.

Chrome:
1. Go to https://www.volkswagen.de/de/besitzer-u ... wagen.html
2. Right- click on the page -> "Investigate"
3. Select the "Network" tab
4. "w1hub- insert backend-production.apps.emea.vwapps.io/cars "into the" Filter "field
5. Reload the page (several times if necessary) until an entry appears (Windows: F5; Mac: CMD + R)
6. Select entry , on the right-hand side select the tab "Response"

Firefox:
1. https://www.volkswagen.de/de/besitzer-u ... dare.
2. At the top of the menu bar click on "Extras" -> "Web Developer" -> "Network Analysis"
3. Reload the page (several times if necessary) until an entry appears (Windows: F5; Mac: CMD + R)
4. Select "w1hub-backend-production.apps.emea.vwapps.io/cars" in the "Host" column
5. Select "Answer" in the menu on the right

UPDATE - seems as though the VW server has now blocked this method and the German VW fans are working on a way around it....

·
Registered
ID.3 Tour
646 Posts
I have now reached stage the order stage: Planning Production

Not sure how that translates... Possibly number 1 on your list?

Exciting!
Possibly, ours jumped from stage 1 to stage 5 as I didn't realise you had to delete the order each time you logged on! (whoever thought that was a good idea???).

By the time we pick the car up next weekend it will have taken 18 weeks from ordering, but bear in mind Christmas / New year is included in that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts