Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Tesla 3 LR
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I collected my M3 at the end of September and it had a list of issues. I had to wait until last week for the SC appointment as they were waiting for a part. So far it's been in just over a week and it doesn't sound like it's going to be ready soon.

So heading for 8 weeks from collection and I don't have a car in new car condition (and haven't even had my car for over a week). Getting a bit fed up and impatient.

So how long did you wait until your M3 was like the new car that you were paying for?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Did they not give you a loan car?
What issues did you have?

·
Registered
Tesla 3 LR
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have a loan car at least.

Dent, scrapes, and dull patches on paint work.
Damage to interior trim.
Misaligned boot and frunk.
Water in light.
Leaking boot.
Scratch on alloy wheel.
Line through windscreen.

This wasn’t the one I was first allocated. That was “badly damaged” according to Tesla so this was a replacement.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had a few issues on picking up my car as well. Paint scratches, a golf ball sized paint blob on the back, and the plastic cover under the car that supposed to protect the battery was coming off on the driver side. I logged all these issues with the Tesla rep on the day and managed to book a service in the following week. Everything was fixed within two days of the appointment so mine was relatively quick. Sounds like you have far bigger issues so that's why it's taking longer?

·
Registered
32 Posts
If anything is going to bring Tesla down, it's this. I'm convinced of it, and alarmingly they just don't seem to care. Waaay too many stories about proper horrors that should have been caught in PDI at the LATEST, yet oddly manage to slip through the net, and when highlighted too many are classed as "Within tolerance", which seems to becoming something of a Tesla Meme.

·
Registered
Tesla 3 LR
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crikey, sounds like an real Friday afternoon car! Did you consider rejecting it?
Not everything was apparent initially and at first the appointment to get it sorted was pretty quick, but then they didn’t have a part in stock, and then I noticed more stuff and then here we are. They get one chance to put it all right otherwise it goes back.

Reactions: Todor

·
Registered
Tesla 3 LR
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If anything is going to bring Tesla down, it's this. I'm convinced of it, and alarmingly they just don't seen to care. Waaay too many stories about proper horrors that should have been caught in PDI at the LATEST, yet oddly manage to slip through the net, and when highlighted too many are classed as "Within tolerance", which seems to becoming something of a Tesla Meme.
Yeah, it’s a shame. The SC had been good but they could have saved themselves a lot of money taking slightly more care and time building it. Multiply that across any other cars with issues and they’re throwing money away on a big scale.

The cars are so good aside from the cosmetic issues which is I guess is why people put up with it for now. I was hoping I wasn’t going to be one of the unfortunate ones. 🙂

Reactions: TJEV

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
It’s not just cosmetic, there are all kinds of “software” issues that have been caused by poorly installed wiring looms.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Never had any software issues on mine.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Not everything was apparent initially and at first the appointment to get it sorted was pretty quick, but then they didn’t have a part in stock, and then I noticed more stuff and then here we are. They get one chance to put it all right otherwise it goes back.
Sorry to hear. We rejected our first one as paint to bumpers and car were a very poor match. They will never match exactly (on any mainstream car) but they agreed where "not acceptable". We declined a respray and our second one (2 weeks later) was fine. The only issues I found subsequently was some tape still on chrome trim and some glue hadn't been cleaned off sill, both were easy to sort myself.

For benefit of others, remember a faulty car can be rejected up to 30 days after delivery for full refund, but obviously not easy to do if you have no other car. Also a "fault" isn't clearly defined in the Consumer Rights Act and a court probably won't deem cosmetic issues are a fault as intended by the act. AFAIK there is no case law to reference. Generally for those issues (which are more common on all mainstream cars than you think) it is best to allow dealer to rectify.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had many issues, over 12 months of ownership, I had, front and rear roof glass replacement due to small cracks, squeaking steering wheel while turning, rear bumper replaced it looked grey on a white car, paint issues, frunk trim clips damaged so trim loose, water in rear lights, broken aero wheel trim, screen going blank while driving and not waking up properly. Water in one of the headlights, I'm sure I've missed something.

Ended up selling it.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Never had any software issues on mine.
That’s because I got them all instead. It’s a crapshoot 😉 congrats you win the Tesla lottery

Reactions: NeilO

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
That’s because I got them all instead. It’s a crapshoot 😉 congrats you win the Tesla lottery
That’s bad luck. Most seem fine. Usually just hear of the problem cases on forums for any car.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Tesla have better build quality than other manufacturers? Lol.
Better than many. No worse than others. Not as good as some yet. Lots of issues from other manufacturers reported on here and elsewhere. Lol.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts