Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an Ampera, during the deal we spoke about expected delivery, as I wanted it quickly. Indication was 5ish days to get it to the dealership and then about the same to prep it.......10 days later still no sign of the car at the dealership

Apparently Vauxhall have changed there preping proceedure and not told the dealerships

How long has everyones else been taking?

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
I only had to wait a week, but then as I was happy with Summit White there was one "in stock".

I think Richard Gledhill (another recent Ampera buyer) waited around 3-4 weeks. I think Lee Dalton was around the same.

HTH

Oh, and congratulations on taking the plunge. What colour and spec did you go for and which dealer?

Derek

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Mine was in summit white, ended up waiting about 3-4 weeks as someone else *cough cough* grabbed the stock one from under my nose, so I had to wait a few weeks, whilst the previously mentioned owner parked 'his' new ampera up and went on holiday for 2 weeks ;)

·
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
Mine was in summit white, ended up waiting about 3-4 weeks as someone else *cough cough* grabbed the stock one from under my nose, so I had to wait a few weeks, whilst the previously mentioned owner parked 'his' new ampera up and went on holiday for 2 weeks ;)
I resemble that comment.......... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Not that I knew anything about it at the time of course....... :cool:

Derek

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've plunged for a Crystal Red with white interior, as the only summit white ones left have the red icon laden interior, which wasn't to the bosses taste....lol

Getting it from dealer in Norwich

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I got mine from Drive Vauxhall in Leicester and initially they quoted about 2 weeks, but then decided to get a brand new one off the production line instead so it took about 6-7 weeks. Now they're quoting round 6-8 weeks for delivery as they all have to come from Vauxhall's Luton plant where they're checked over and have the software upgraded and charging flip fix done before they get to the dealer.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I've plunged for a Crystal Red with white interior, as the only summit white ones left have the red icon laden interior, which wasn't to the bosses taste....lol

Getting it from dealer in Norwich
I have the red interior bits. I didn't even realise until someone pointed it out, but even the seats have a coloured bit ;)
It's not as bad as people think !

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
I only had to wait a week, but then as I was happy with Summit White there was one "in stock".

I think Richard Gledhill (another recent Ampera buyer) waited around 3-4 weeks. I think Lee Dalton was around the same.
Mine was also exactly one week (from Pentagon) as it was 'in stock'. Just as well I liked the colour!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spoke again to the dealer today should be week after next.......grrr!

So that will make 4 weeks in theory

·
Hyundai Kona convert...
224 Posts
Delivery period depends on where the car is coming from!
I have (finally) placed an order for mine now, from the new dealer in Milton Keynes..... I could have had their showroom car within 3 days (lithium white, not sure about the colour to be honest,,,) and ended up going for
Silver Topaz (silver with a hint of blue) with white interior coming from the holding pound in Holland. 4 weeks quoted for delivery, apparently Vauxhall go over it with a fine tooth comb before dispatch to the dealer. If it's a true factory order (from the US) that would be another 4 weeks on top....

To be honest they told me they could probably deliver in 3 weeks, but i've waited so long for this dream car, what's another week? (and the anticipation is electrifying if you'll forgive the pun).

Good to see more deals around (see other posts on this site)....

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I kept getting told "another week, another week" so ALC and Chris, expect nearer 7 :) Definitely worth waiting for though!!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
@ALC I remember well the excitement when I picked mine up in October 2012 and began driving on electricity, such a buzz ;)Groan... Seriously, I still get a subdued excitement very time I drive the car, the quietness, smoothness and acceleration.

·
1,324 Posts
Yeah, looking forward to hear your report on that first drive!

Derek

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well.......i cheated lol

With all the hassle with delayed delivery I convinced the dealer to let me have there demo for 5 days.
Great car, cant beleive the slow uptake....

Manage 43miles per charge twice while I had the demo....50 mile club next!

·
Electrician
69 Posts
Can anyone tell me how long a factory order for an Ampera takes, I tried to order one in Summit White but was told that there is no stock on their "Locator" and that a limited range of colours are available to order from stock; the dealer has indicated up to six months as they have to come from the U.S. :eek: - doesn't seem likely to me.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I originally wanted a white one, but was told the same....apparently they need to clear some of the stock ones before they manufacturer again

There were some summit white with red interior available.

Apparently the reason for the shortage is all first demos sent out were the white ones

I have seen some that dealers have bought and have 20ish miles on them and selling them, check on auto trader to identify the dealership

·
Electrician
69 Posts
Thanks for the reply Chris, typical dealer trying to sell from stock; unfortunately there is only one Ampera dealer in Northern Ireland. :(

1 - 20 of 55 Posts