Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People , How low re mpc will a Leaf 24 KW go before it stops ? Do they keep going until zero 0 then stop ?

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,338 Posts
Hi People , How low re mpc will a Leaf 24 KW go before it stops ? Do they keep going until zero 0 then stop ?
I think it manages 4 miles on turtle mode. I managed --- few weeks ago but no turtle mode

That was in leaf30 though

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Nissan LEAF SL
1,084 Posts
I think it manages 4 miles on turtle mode
You're really pushing your luck if you try to get 4 miles out of turtle mode! Especially if you are starting to get weak cells (which people will be with 24 and 30kWh models now they are getting a bit older) you want to be treating the turtle as "You have a tiny bit of range left, move off the road to a place of safety" and nothing else as I've seen the turtle mean about a quarter mile on some LEAFs before.

The '---' Does come on quite early to scare you into charging though. You definitely have a good few miles from when you first see the GOM showing that.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
As @80698 , the '--' is at 6% remaining and the Turtle is apparently 1%. When the LEAF24 was new a number of people found Turtle ranges of around 1.5 miles on the flat, but now people report under 1/2 mile presumably because of weak cells. Full discharges like this on a regular basis are not good for the battery so you should try to avoid VLBW at 10% where possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts