Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a reliable source of info to tell us how many ZOEs are on UK roads, or sold in the UK etc. I'm interested to see how sales might be increasing as the months go by and Renault start to push the car sales via advertising and attractive financing deals.

Reactions: kentish zoe

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
That's not bad actually, considering that the Fluence didn't even break past 75 despite three years' of sales. The original Leaf only managed 1,800 over two and a half years.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Renault really dropped the ball with the Zoe; it's the cheapest decent EV by quite some way, but they pretty much ignore it. The i3 had already surpassed the Zoe and it's only been on sale from this year (and only hit the road a few months ago). It's way more expensive too. Shame, the Zoe is a perfectly nice car; it deserves to do better.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I think the main problem is Renault does not offer the customer the option to purchase the battery.

This puts alot of people off who like to pay upfront. Me being one of them.

I wonder how much they would have sold if they offered this from day one.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Woeful service and lack if interest amongst Renault dealers is another problem for the Zoe.

Also it is no longer especially "cheap" given the offers that are now available on the Leaf especially when you factor in the lifetime battery lease.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm with you on the woeful service - it's why I ditched my Zoe for an i3! The Zoe itself is a fine car, just a shame it's got a Renault badge on it...

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One more on the road today.

First impressions are very good. I got over 4.1 miles per kWh which included a lot of motorway driving. I found I was happy to run in eco mode except when approaching busy roundabouts.
I find that I'm getting an average of 4.2 - 4.4mpkWh with long motorway driving at the moment (c 300 miles round trip to nottingham yesterday) which means 90+ miles from a full charge.

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Registered
916 Posts
I find that I'm getting an average of 4.2 - 4.4mpkWh with long motorway driving at the moment (c 300 miles round trip to nottingham yesterday) which means 90+ miles from a full charge.
I must be not getting enough of stretching Zoe's legs..my (mostly) short commutes and occasional town trips are giving me around a 3.75 average..I do find her very capable on longer runs..

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
We use eco all the time now (except on motorways when it's a bit slow if you are in a hurry ) - the kickdown will always give a temporary shot of speed if you floor the throttle anyway ;)
One more on the road today.

First impressions are very good. I got over 4.1 miles per kWh which included a lot of motorway driving. I found I was happy to run in eco mode except when approaching busy roundabouts.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I must be not getting enough of stretching Zoe's legs..my (mostly) short commutes and occasional town trips are giving me around a 3.75 average..I do find her very capable on longer runs..
I'm sure I read that the Zoe was less efficient at low speed than the Leaf, but more efficient at higher (motorway) speeds ...

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm another punter unsatisfied with Renaults thinking.

On the plus side they realise sales are abysmal, and they're currently preparing to announce a new deal for the Zoe which will include outright battery ownership.

Last time I spoke to their UK head office was a couple of weeks ago. It's imminent is all I've been told.

Probably translates as "by Christmas... "
This is Renault so is that Christmas 2014 or 2015?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts