Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Flame Red Leaf 30 Acenta
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
There is, an clearly kWh is the unit.
No I stand by my assertion, I've checked and there is no ISO unit of regen.

As in, yeah I was getting 7.5 Regens down that last hill.

KWh is merely an SI unit of energy, deffo not a unit of regen :) I read stuff in a book

(OK OK I get that regen is just electric being pushed into the battery and could be measured in KWH if we want to be tiresomely correct, I was being delightfully playful when I talked about a unit of regen)

I am going to state that 1.45 KWH being pushed into the battery is equal to 1 Regens - there I just made up a new unit.

:cool:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I think that the LEAF maxes out at 30kW, although that may be the 24.

I can't argue against that but it's very different from the mechanically driven world. What happens to the fields created by the rotating motor - does the software match them?
The scale on the energy screen in the ZE menu maxes out at 30kW regen but that's not to say that the car can't do more than that. Leafspy should give the actual figure during a test drive.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I cant begin to get my head around a regen mode on other EVs that is stronger than B mode on a Leaf - I feel like I'm being thrown through the windscreen when I lift off in B Mode.
Try out a BMW i3 at some point if you get the chance. Lift off the accelerator and it feels as if the brakes have just been applied with considerable force, except it's all pure regen and the brake pads aren't being used at all. Their 'one pedal driving' setup isn't optional and you have the to learn to use the single pedal carefully to control your speed.

I'm not a fan of it myself, but it makes the LEAF, and even the iOn's regen power feel like nothing in comparison.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Just because you want to watch :p :eek:
Who was a famous regenerator, Heseltine? Let's say 1 Heseltine = 1.45 kW. Or is it not a rate but a quantity?

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I really like the drive on the i3, but just can't afford the risk in terms of cost of ownership.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Leaf30 maxes out at 43kW for regen (momentarily) and rapid DC

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts