Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently bought 98k mileage VW GOLF 2015 GTE 1.4 but I am bit confused about the mileage on E-mode during city drive.

Do you have any idea about how much range it should give?

Please advise me.
Regards,

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,662 Posts
That 98k is pretty high milage. But the car should still be able to do 22miles pure EV in nice summer weather.

As soon as you start HVAC, that should drop to 15 - 16miles, before the ICE kicks in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @Tobor

That 98k is pretty high milage. But the car should still be able to do 22miles pure EV in nice summer weather.

As soon as you start HVAC, that should drop to 15 - 16miles, before the ICE kicks in.

·
Premium Member
4,104 Posts
I sold mine with 91k miles on the clock, I could still get 22-24 electric miles summer and 15-18 in the winter.

It was pretty consistent the whole time I had it, and showed 29-30 miles electric range when fully charged, and 31 in the first year or so.

The small battery has quite a big buffer, so if it did lose capacity (and I expect it must have done) the battery management system took care of things pretty well.

·
Premium Member
4,104 Posts
@tom66 27miles was showing on full charge.
Be wary of using the miles showing on a full charge as a guide to battery health/capacity, as it also takes account of how the car has been driven recently.

I had as low as 24 showing when I’d been driving in e-mode with no regard for economy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Be wary of using the miles showing on a full charge as a guide to battery health/capacity, as it also takes account of how the car has been driven recently.

I had as low as 24 showing when I’d been driving in e-mode with no regard for economy.
I still didn't avail full battery charge in one go but I will update the results soon. Thank you everyone for the advice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts