Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

We are excited to now be back to the forum and are excited to share with you some great insight into home charging and the EV industry.

We have created a short documentary on How our Home Charging Points are made and why they are worth every penny.

Have a watch:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Nice looking EVSEs, video gives an impression of care that goes into electronics manufacture, stainless housing etc.

Would it be possible to give the forum an explanation (we are not scared of technical) of DC leakage current detection and isolation, suitable installation earthing arrangements, list of cars unit has been tested on, especially interaction with onboard timers.

·
Vendor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice looking EVSEs, video gives an impression of care that goes into electronics manufacture, stainless housing etc.

Would it be possible to give the forum an explanation (we are not scared of technical) of DC leakage current detection and isolation, suitable installation earthing arrangements, list of cars unit has been tested on, especially interaction with onboard timers.
Hello Freddy,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you but I am pleased to confirm that the A2 2019 edition will start shipping in May 2019

We have made many updates and improvements to the new A2 version which include the following:
  • Residual Current Monitor, 6mA DC / 30mA AC (IEC62752)
  • No Requirement for earth rods to be compliant with 18th Edition regulations
  • Konnect 2.0
  • Secure Bluetooth 5.0 enabled setup
  • Ethernet & Wifi
  • The new standard core is up to 22kw ready out of the box
  • New modular construction
  • New colours
Car Compatibility

Over the last 20 months, we have supplied customers with pretty much every model of EV

Our boards are fully compliant with international standards and we are currently in the process of certifying formally with 3three global car manufactures.

Regards

The Andersen Team

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Thanks for detailed reply.

So a well specced charger both in external looks and the internals too.

The modular construction sounds like a great idea

·
Registered
90 Posts
It looks like a well made and robust EVSE. I was particularly interested in the API, specifically so I could manage the charge rate and stop/start the charging in order to balance my PV excess between the cars and the Powerwalls. Specifically I wanted to ensure the Powerwalls got enough charge to last until the E7 window (the first 6-8kWh) and then charge the BEV and lastly the PHEV.
I was sent your current API but it doesn't seem to address my requirements. Is that an area you plan to develop?
Are you likely to expose the EV-ID and SoC in your API in the future? Or is that info only available via the CCS PLC on mode 4 chargers? Please forgive me if that last Q appears daft as the IEC document that covers PLC is too expensive for a casual browser.

·
Vendor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like a well made and robust EVSE. I was particularly interested in the API, specifically so I could manage the charge rate and stop/start the charging in order to balance my PV excess between the cars and the Powerwalls. Specifically I wanted to ensure the Powerwalls got enough charge to last until the E7 window (the first 6-8kWh) and then charge the BEV and lastly the PHEV.
I was sent your current API but it doesn't seem to address my requirements. Is that an area you plan to develop?
Are you likely to expose the EV-ID and SoC in your API in the future? Or is that info only available via the CCS PLC on mode 4 chargers? Please forgive me if that last Q appears daft as the IEC document that covers PLC is too expensive for a casual browser.
Hello Steve

We are able to add anything you suggest. I have advised the technical team on your suggestion.

On the additional questions, you can chat to David Simpson our technical director who is able to answer all your questions and discuss further modifications within the API. His email address is [email protected]

Regards

The Andersen Team

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hello Freddy,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you but I am pleased to confirm that the A2 2019 edition will start shipping in May 2019

We have made many updates and improvements to the new A2 version which include the following:
  • Residual Current Monitor, 6mA DC / 30mA AC (IEC62752)
  • No Requirement for earth rods to be compliant with 18th Edition regulations
  • Konnect 2.0
  • Secure Bluetooth 5.0 enabled setup
  • Ethernet & Wifi
  • The new standard core is up to 22kw ready out of the box
  • New modular construction
  • New colours
Car Compatibility

Over the last 20 months, we have supplied customers with pretty much every model of EV

Our boards are fully compliant with international standards and we are currently in the process of certifying formally with 3three global car manufactures.

Regards

The Andersen Team
Is there are a way to integrate with octopus agile API ? Or are you planning this kind of integration?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts