1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t own a ENV200
But I’m considering getting one
Specifically a 40kwh evalia

I’m going to do 35,000 - 40,000 miles a year.
Are there any common problems to be aware of?
i mean anything that would cause a break down .
Any big ticket items that could go wrong ?

thanks 👍

·
Registered
400 Posts
I don’t own a ENV200

thanks 👍
Not addressing your main point...but that's a lot of charging. I'm around a 25-30k miles per year driver, I have a 200 mile range EV but I have to do a lot of public charging as my journeys tend to be less frequent but longer. Will all your journeys be comfortably within the vehicle's range with adequate time to recharge at home? If not then make sure you've scoped out what's involved with charging, it's not necessarily for everyone at this stage of the game as it does take a lot of planning.

As to reliability, this might be useful as a starter:

Reactions: Chazza

·
Super Moderator
6,335 Posts
I don’t own a ENV200

thanks 👍
Not had a single issue with mine apart from knocking a few bits of plastic trim off in the back of the van. Its been a pleasure to drive from day one BUT.... the seats a very hard, if you like that then no issue, if not then thats sort of milage is going to give you a sore butt.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply

I’ll be mostly taxi driving in London
Bit of motorway to get to work
Definitely need a rapid during the day to achieve a 175-195 mile shift.

to be fair thier are rapids darted around London usually within a 10-20 minute drive, & dedicated taxi only charge stations on rest ranks ,
& shell RE-charge are popping up at stations around London if I’m desperate & willing to pay 39p a kWh.

the only downside I’ll be facing is long trips later on in my shift, I’ll probably have to turn down anything over 25 miles
But they’re rarer these days
all in all it seems the rapid chargers are going in pretty quickly in London
So pretty confident I can get by

cheers again 👍

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not had a single issue with mine apart from knocking a few bits of plastic trim off in the back of the van. Its been a pleasure to drive from day one BUT.... the seats a very hard, if you like that then no issue, if not then thats sort of milage is going to give you a sore butt.....
👍 cheers
Glad to hear no real issues
I may have to upgrade the seat
Or buy a cushion 😂coz I’m a cheap skate

·
Super Moderator
6,335 Posts
👍 cheers
Glad to hear no real issues
I may have to upgrade the seat
Or buy a cushion 😂coz I’m a cheap skate
Someone on here changed the seats for Fiesta ones if I remember correctly. For me the distances I drive mean its not an issue but you defiantly need to try as they are very hard.......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks for the reply

to be fair thier are rapids darted around London usually within a 10-20 minute drive, & dedicated taxi only charge stations on rest ranks ,
& shell RE-charge are popping up at stations around London if I’m desperate & willing to pay 39p a kWh.

the only downside I’ll be facing is long trips later on in my shift, I’ll probably have to turn down anything over 25 miles

·
Super Moderator
6,335 Posts
Thanks for the reply

I was driving my 24kWh into London during the "Beast from the East" 110 miles a day. Drove to South Mimms and had a 20 min charge whist grabbing a quick coffee and P, into Walthamstow and then back to South Mimms for another 20 mins charge to get home. I did the same trip in my Transported the first day on the job to drop off all the larger equipment, the 3 hours it took to get home the first night meant I nearly fell over as my left leg was dead from all the clutch work........

·
Registered
2016 Nissan E-NV200 24kWh Tekna Rapid Plus
2,639 Posts
Things I've had on my 2016 e-NV200 24kWh Tekna Rapid Plus with 65,000 miles and 14% degradation of the battery.
Loose rear suspension components from the factory/dealer (Fixed under warranty)
Leaking door seals on rear sliding doors / poorly aligned doors from the factory/dealer (Fixed under warranty)
Leaking air conditioning fill valves and noisy compressor after about 6 months and consistently over the life of the van (had to fight to get covered under warranty)
Failed front wheel bearing after 50,000 miles (Not covered under warranty)
Intermittent infotainment system crashes (and no new maps since the 2015-2016 version installed from the factory - no longer supported)
No firmware updates from Nissan for the life of the vehicle

Nissan are a really difficult company to get service or warranty from, they fight you every step of the way and their dealerships end up trying to help as best as they can, but often they are overruled by head office.

You're doing about twice the yearly mileage as I am, I wouldn't recommend the e-NV200 for that amount as it's not the quietest van, and you're likely to be doing a lot of en-route charging.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That’s really detailed,
Much appreciated 👍

the one thing that keeps coming up is definitely warranty , it seems to be that nissan make it impossible to get them to honour it,

I’m actually looking at the Dynamo taxi, which is basically a 40kwh Env200 converted to be a taxi,
But there a separate company
Not sure who fixes the problems if they come during warranty.

14% degradation seems high,
Not sure if that’ll work for me.

thanks for the info 👍

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Yeah, the warranty stuff is a real pain. It's also an issue getting any of the non-diesel parts in the U.K., so things on the EV side take a while to get here from Japan. The two pipes for the Air Conditioning took 5 weeks to get.
Mine does get fully charged at home every day with at least 4 rapid charges a week, plus the battery cooler isn't working optimally due to the lack of refrigerant, so the battery is probably getting warmer during rapid charging.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
These are the things that concern me
& they don’t tell you at the dealer,

japan only parts put me off,

im sure it’s a great vehicle
But I’m not sure if I can commit to it

maybe let other cab drivers dip thier toe in , see if it’s a go-er
Tar very much

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Maybe I'm tainted by my bad experience. There are private hire / taxi firms using them successfully (Like C&C taxis) with little degradation and with no major mechanical issues, so I guess it all depends. They rapid charge theirs all the time. Their Nissan Leafs do well over 100,000 miles with no more than a couple of wear and tear items.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I don’t own a ENV200

thanks 👍
Are you doing this because you need a 7 seater? Because there are far better EVs to use as a Taxi.

Reactions: AtTheVan

·
Registered
486 Posts
I agree big time with AndyG, especially the seats.
I changed mine, i bought a pair of Ford seats and modded them to fit the van, they are a very big improvement, The original seats have given me a real issue with my coccix to this day.
so, the van is excellent, but find a good garage, sit on a few seats, and buy 2nd hand and fit them. My preference was citroen C4 picasso exclusive seats, they are very comfy.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've got a 2014 e-NV200 with 65k miles. Very reliable van, not a single issues at all so far. It's still on the original set of brake pads and disks.

I know a number of other people with e-NV200 that have also had very reliable experiences. The van has basically the same internals as a Nissan LEAF which are known for their reliability.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts