Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pod-Point solo. I can see how to set the charge rate by moving the dip switches according to the table in the manual. It refers to load limiting to be set by commissioning over Wi-fi. How is this done. I can log connect to Pod-Point by using the new IP address once connected to home Wi-fi but only see option to select Wi-fi network nothing about adjusting settings. The feature I want to check and change if necessary is the load limiting feature that uses the ct input from your meter tails.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,907 Posts
I have a Pod-Point solo. I can see how to set the charge rate by moving the dip switches according to the table in the manual. It refers to load limiting to be set by commissioning over Wi-fi. How is this done. I can log connect to Pod-Point by using the new IP address once connected to home Wi-fi but only see option to select Wi-fi network nothing about adjusting settings. The feature I want to check and change if necessary is the load limiting feature that uses the ct input from your meter tails.
I don't believe that this is designed to be user or installer set, but instead set by PodPoint. It was also intended as a feature to allow the centralised control of EV loads which has never been implemented to my knowledge.
Try calling PodPoint.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I believe that’s how the scheme will probably ultimately work as more and more EV charging sockets become installed. The functionality I am referring to is your own socket limit in the load to prevent you blowing the DNO fuse. I did speak to pod point and they said they would set it to 95 Amps for me as I was on 100 amp supply fuse. The manual refers to setting it via Wi-Fi during the commissioning process. I wondered if anybody had had any experience of this or whether you always have to get pod point to change it remotely over the Internet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts