Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I own a Renault twizy and I wanted to change the boring key to a wireless key started and adding a security on the twizy.

i managed to turn on the twizy and the computer turned on but then the stop logo appears on the computers screen and the twizy becomes useless. I think it knows that the original key fob is missing because when you turn the key it shorts two contactes and the wireless car starter kit that I boughtonly shorts thosecontactes for a small period of time and so when the contacts are not shorted anymore it just blocks the twizy.

I would like to know if there is a way to some how bypass the stop logo on the twizy because it’s the only thing that is preventing me from achieving the projectI had in mind.

thanks in advance,

Roman.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
the wireless car starter kit that I boughtonly shorts thosecontactes for a small period of time and so when the contacts are not shorted anymore it just blocks the twizy.
Fit a latching relay between the kit and car.
You'll also need some way to unlatch it when turning off of course.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The key has an immobiliser chip inside it which is read by proximity to the ignition barrel. If you're just bypassing the switching that the ignition barrel would have done, the immobiliser will still refuse to play ball without the key RF chip being present next to the transponder ring. It's there to stop the thieves :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
If you remember when you start the Twizy you have to hold the key for 10 seconds. Your kit doesn't do that. It needs a long delay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts