Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -
I haveprogrammed my peak and off peak charging times incorrectly, but I am finding it hard to clear them completely and start again as I can only seem to adjust the end setting..

Am I missing something?

Cheers

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had a similar problem on my Volt, couldn't change the start time, no option given and with the winter summer settings seems a little bit complicated. I've set mine for the same departure time everyday of 06:30. As it only takes 4hrs to charge on the 16A home charger the earliest start time is 02:30 and therefore lies within the off peak times.
Mick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip -:)
It seems daft there is no option to just clear what has been entered -
If I do a factory reset, does it wipe all the economy data too? or just radio stations, and charing preferences etc?

I am charging only on 6 or 10 amps (depending on if I remember to set it to 10amps) so I am lucky to get it charged within the 7 hours of economy 7 - I think on 10 amps it does it in time, but 6 amps most likely not - so I need to set the off peak start time to 1am (currently 12pm) which is proving annoying to do and then have a "floating" peak/off peak toggle of 12pm -1am for British Summer Time / Winter Time

eg -
peak - 8am - 12pm
peak/off peak - 12pm - 1am
off peak - 1am - 8am

·
Registered
145 Posts
I too had problems with setting economy7 times.

Paul Churchley posted on Charging On Economy7 on 15/5/12 at 9.33am under the main heading of Charging Range & Efficiency clear instructions.

I then set my times as follows, it worked for me, there maybe other ways of doing the same thing.

Summer setting.

12AM 1AM MID PEAK

1AM 8AM OFF PEAK

8AM 12AM PEAK

Winter Setting.

12AM 7AM OFF PEAK

7AM 8AM MID PEAK

8AM 12AM PEAK

These settings must be done in order shown by adding the finishing times only and whether offpeak. midpeak or peak. The start times sort themselves out automatically.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Factory reset, resets all the personalisation settings back to factory defaults. My portable charger defaults to 10A and I have to switch it to 6A. On 10A it takes 5.5hrs to charge so still can do it off peak no problem.
As the cars are GM I wondered if the peak/off peak times are based on the American system because it does seem ridiculous you can't change the off peak start time.
Mick

·
Registered
395 Posts
Not that I use the peak off peak settings that much but I did find a way to set up/alter things to what I wanted. I did have trouble after entering something incorrect but I eventually sorted it. It was some time ago so cannot remember the details but i can take a look if you still want to know...?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I found a way for clearing everything in "yearly schedule"-
I set all the times as peak, and then I made the first entry start and finish at 12pm which cleared all of the other entries

I set 12pm to 1am as peak (for British Summer time) and then 1am to 7am as off peak, 7am - 8am as off peak (for British summertime) and then 8am - 12pm as peak

Now I am good to go and can tweak the "peak/off peak" hour entries to suit summer/winter time

Brian Matthews said:
I too had problems with setting economy7 times.

Paul Churchley posted on Charging On Economy7 on 15/5/12 at 9.33am under the main heading of Charging Range & Efficiency clear instructions.

I then set my times as follows, it worked for me, there maybe other ways of doing the same thing.

Summer setting.

12AM 1AM MID PEAK

1AM 8AM OFF PEAK

8AM 12AM PEAK

Winter Setting.

12AM 7AM OFF PEAK

7AM 8AM MID PEAK

8AM 12AM PEAK

These settings must be done in order shown by adding the finishing times only and whether offpeak. midpeak or peak. The start times sort themselves out automatically.
Thanks - I knew I had seen something about this on here - I will go and have a read of that entry too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts