Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Leaf for 7 days as an extended test drive. How do I delay the charging to get the benefits of my e7 electricity. It's easily set from my Ampera but can't find the equivalent in car setting on the Leaf.

Is it tied to the Carwings app? If so, there's probably little point for me as there's no point trying to register the vin to me.

Couldn't find anything on Google or SpeakEV :(

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Done (I think) ... Lights are now alternating 1, 2, 3.

Thanks @Paul

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
1,2,3 means it is now on timer :):cool:

Don't forget to change the timer when the clocks change to keep it in line with your E7 times ;)

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only got it a week ;)

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Never mind the car....the meter doesn't know either. My own provider doesn't even know what my e7 hours are. Apparently it's governed by the meter itself.

Am quite liking the leaf and it does indeed seem as nippy as the Ampera, at least up to 30. SWMBO also likes it.

Additional question if I may: when I try to find charging stations via the menu, I just get a 'no service' message. Is it linked to Carwings or something?

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
My supplier (Ecotricity) leave the timing on the meter the same so my night hours are 12-7 in winter and 1-8 in summer... so I have to change the timer on the car to match.

Additional question if I may: when I try to find charging stations via the menu, I just get a 'no service' message. Is it linked to Carwings or something?
To get the charging station data you must have a mobile connection but I don't know if you need a Carwings account or not... so it might just mean that you don't have a mobile signal... or it might mean that you don't have a Carwings account.

In any case... I'd say don't bother! The charging station info is so out of date or incorrect that it is effectively pointless for finding charging. There are some stations there and so if the one you want is there then fine, you can use it, but if you are searching for unknown charging locations such as in an emergency to get a charge then it isn't much help IMO.

I only use it for stations I know exist as a simple way to set up the SatNav.

Doesn't the car know about daylight saving? or is this a Gen 1/Gen 2 "feature"?
The timers don't change on the Mk1

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I believe that the times don't adjust. For example... if you have a timer set for 1am then when the clocks change the timer will still be set at 1am.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts