Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know with the leaf that it's possible to plug in a device (not sure exact what the device or computer software is) and you can find out the health of every cell.

When I had a service done on my Corsa-e, I was hoping there might have been something on the service to indicate the battery health as the battery is one of the biggest elements of the car and its health is important. (I shouldn't mention that the service form was filled out for a 1.2l Corsa SXi 3 door!?!).

When I asked about the battery health, I was given a printout which looked like an OBD data dump (with a worrying number of faults) and no details of how to read it.

So my question is, is there a way to check the health of the battery pack/cells?

Also, does anyone know where the battery isolator is? Think it would be handy to know, just in case.

Carl,

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,494 Posts
Battery warranty is quite a good number of years so I wouldn't really worry too much about it. I'm sure it will be fine. Don't leave it at 100% for ages. That's literally it for battery care.

Don't think anyone has done a LeafSpy for PSA cars yet. Maybe someone will as that is what you need.

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
232 Posts
There is the PCC (Power Cruise Control) app that connects to an OBD2 dongle (but needs a special adapter for PSA EV vehicles, as the wiring is different than their ICE models).
It displays SOH (state of health) of the battery as an icon of a battery. If the icon is all green, it means 100% SOH:

Too bad they don't display a number as percentage of SOH.

I think that the PSA API for developers can also return the SOH, but it's a bit of a faff to get registered and use the API, and you need some tech knowhow.

In addition, I know the that the EvNotify app community is working on adding support for the Corsa-e, but it's work in progress.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is the PCC (Power Cruise Control) app that connects to an OBD2 dongle (but needs a special adapter for PSA EV vehicles, as the wiring is different than their ICE models).
It displays SOH (state of health) of the battery as an icon of a battery. If the icon is all green, it means 100% SOH:
View attachment 148614
Too bad they don't display a number as percentage of SOH.

I think that the PSA API for developers can also return the SOH, but it's a bit of a faff to get registered and use the API, and you need some tech knowhow.

In addition, I know the that the EvNotify app community is working on adding support for the Corsa-e, but it's work in progress.

That's really good information, thanks.

Was surprised the dealer couldn't decode the information. How would they know if the battery has gone below its limit.

Anyone know about the fuse/isolator?

Carl,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts