Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I see name of song and artist currently playing on the radio? All my digital radios in the house and other radios I have seen in other makes of cars show this. How can I see this on the MG?

·
Registered
780 Posts
How do I see name of song and artist currently playing on the radio? All my digital radios in the house and other radios I have seen in other makes of cars show this. How can I see this on the MG?
I can see this information on the Radio Screen for many DAB music stations so its a bit mystifying that you can't - but it'll only be on the DAB ones, you can't expect this for FM and AM.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can see this information on the Radio Screen for many DAB music stations so its a bit mystifying that you can't - but it'll only be on the DAB ones, you can't expect this for FM and AM.
No I am definitely on the DAB stations but can't see it. I guess there must be a setting somewhere? Anyone know why I can't see it?

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
984 Posts
Quite a few FM stations do seem to broadcast this data too. Just very few radios seem to show it. My old Merc B250e’s radio did this, but it’s the only car I’ve ever seen that does.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,114 Posts
You can display this info. In Dab radio Down at the bottom right there is an icon to display music info, click this then there is another button to permanently display track info you need to turn this on.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You can display this info. In Dab radio Down at the bottom right there is an icon to display music info, click this then there is another button to permanently display track info you need to turn this on.
Thanks for that, it was not obvious to me and the screen kept freezing. I don't know how I ended up doing it, but it's now enabled. Thanks Sandy

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
If you are in the “Home” screen, the one displayed when you first start the car.
The radio will already “Play” the music of your chosen DAB Chanel.
Press the section of the screen ( far left ) to bring up the radio tuning menu.
Your current radio Chanel that is playing will be displayed, then across the bottom of the screen, you will see the info of the song playing shown.
Hit the centre silver “Home” button to return to the front screen.
I you want the info displayed constantly, then @Sandy has the perfect solution for you.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Its easy tap the radio station showing on the screen and you will get a sub menu come up at the bottom,tap the icon which looks like a letter tll like this and Bob's you're uncle and Fanny's your aunt.Job done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts