Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in this better weather this last month too I have often opened my drivers side door for fresh top to bottom air while charging. However the car comes up with a dashboard warning door is open and beeps. Hitting the square button gets rid of the warning but the annoying beeps still continue. It ruins what would be an otherwise relaxing rest break and charge.

How can you stop the beeping on a Leaf 24? I am not sure you can?

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then I won't be able to listen to the radio, unless I run it through the 12V which is not ideal.

Seems it is you have one or the other, radio or fresh air through the door, what a choice!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
wind the windows down and close the door. Closing the door is the only way without modification. There is no setting or switch.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Then I won't be able to listen to the radio, unless I run it through the 12V which is not ideal.

Seems it is you have one or the other, radio or fresh air through the door, what a choice!
Similar problem with my Ion - open the drivers door with the key inserted (not even turned on!!) and it will beep incessantly.

I can understand it beeping if I open the drivers door with the car fully on, or in gear, but in park, with the key turned off (but inserted) there is no need for a constant nagging beep. :mad:

And of course to listen to the radio the key needs to be in ACC, which means a constant beeping if the door is open...

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah the boot thing is a bit odd. It goes mental if you forget to put your seatbelt on too or deliberately don't put it on while doing a big reversing manoeuvre out the driveway and street. If I am parked at a charger and turn the power on, while sitting in car, I often have to clip seatbelt in then back out, just to get rid of the seatbelt related beeping. This is despite the car being in P and having the footbrake on.

Wonder what it does if a burglar smashes your window :)

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Wonder what it does if a burglar smashes your window :)
God, completely off topic, but you've reminded me of a conversation with my wife the other night.
We're a very quiet street, us and neighbours have twice reported cars driving slowly up and down late at night.
Clearly scoping cars on drives or the houses themselves.
My wife said "your car would just make it easier for them to scope out targets"
S'true.....the Leaf is an ideal scum car.

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Orrey my 24 Acenta beeps at me when I open the boot with the release handle on the boot door itself.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
My wife said "your car would just make it easier for them to scope out targets"
S'true.....the Leaf is an ideal scum car.
People would just assume a Leaf was looking for somewhere to plug in... :LOL:

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,654 Posts
So in this better weather this last month too I have often opened my drivers side door for fresh top to bottom air while charging. However the car comes up with a dashboard warning door is open and beeps. Hitting the square button gets rid of the warning but the annoying beeps still continue. It ruins what would be an otherwise relaxing rest break and charge.

How can you stop the beeping on a Leaf 24? I am not sure you can?
Does the Leaf not have the same door open sensor that's like a little push switch in the front or rear of the door surround? If so, some electrical tape over that should do the trick (but will mean that your Leaf won't know to check the keys aren't inside before re-locking itself, so be careful). I can't get to mine right now to check :(

The beeps on the Leaf are rediculous. Why does it beep at me when I open the door?
Is It Ridiculous Or Rediculous?

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,654 Posts
Re-locking itself...?
Yes. If you unlock almost any modern car, but don't open a door, it'll lock assuming that unlocking was an accident.

Because what we all want, is a car that locks itself while the keys are still inside... ;)
Well, it won't lock itself it it knows you've opened the door! This thread is talking about duping the car into not knowing...so I was just warning....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts