Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody found a reliable method of stopping the rain clinging to the wing mirror glass. Ive tried cleaning it will various cleaners and using some of this silicone liquid but none of theses are very effective.

I live in an area that has single track roads and passing places and its problematic to say the least when trying to reverse into the passing places when there is water droplets clinging to the mirror glass.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan LEAF SL
1,084 Posts
Presumably something like RainX would do that. I Apply it to my windows and water generally just rolls off. Never had to put it on the mirrors though. The mirrors on my Zoe seemed to stay pretty clear by themselves.

·
Registered
17,402 Posts
If you out rainX on remember to clean the glass really well with alcohol first. Otherwise it can’t work properly.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,183 Posts
I wish that was the biggest problem with mine.

It might be a candidate for putting a thin film of vaseline on it, as pin sharp imaging isn't needed in the side mirror, it generally gets a momentary glance to check for big-lumps-of-other-vehicles than stared-through for hours of driving. If that sounds tolerable to you, you could try it. YMMV.

·
Registered
903 Posts
GTechniq G5 is much better than RainX IME - lasts longer and better water repellency. I use it on side windows, mirrors, (glass) roof, etc. Not good on windscreen though (leads to serious wiper smearing).

·
Registered
840 Posts
In the not-so-old days, rubbing the flesh of a freshly cut potato onto windows and mirrors would reduce the surface tension, mitigating the effects of condensation so might be worth trying...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts