Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for those and somethong hopefully a few can check...

In the car, if you select a supercharger I've seen pictures where some display a kwh cost and some don't. In the US someone speculated that some supercharger locations were on free vend, I kind of doubt that, but what do people over here get?

My car is unlimited free and I don't see anything. What do others see and what does your car supposed to have with respect to free sueprcharging? (ie first owner free, referral credits, paid for..).

Depending on what others see it might be a quick and easy way to determine what a car has when someone is looking to buy (I'm happy to write it up)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Depending on what others see it might be a quick and easy way to determine what a car has when someone is looking to buy (I'm happy to write it up)
Dealers, like R Symonds (used to) ask for the sales invoice which said if you got the 'free for life' or 'free for this cars lifetime' version of unlimited to ensure that the car is advertised as such and that this carries on to the new owner if appropriate.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I have free for life supercharging and don’t see anything like @Jon G says. I’ve also looked at my invoice and that just says ‘Supercharging enabled’.

i do have screenshots of what used to be shown in My Tesla confirming the car has transferable supercharging rights.

For info my car was ordered on 31/10/16 and delivered 01/03/17.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The MyTesla option is one way but I suspect at a dealer they won’t have access to I’m try8ng go work out a way a prospective buyer can check without myTesla access or trusting the dealers word (not all are as conscientious as Richard). I’m thinking of this graphic with an extra cost per kWh rate showed

·
Registered
993 Posts
That’s your car presumably, showing only the idle fee, but if the car didn’t have free SuCing you’d expect to see a kWh price. Sounds like a good theory, as you say, just need someone who hasn’t got free SuCing to show a screen shot.

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, that’s what I’m hoping someone can do, or I’ll be wandering around a supercharger location asking to see there’s

There are a few permutations though like the free but not transferable and that would be great if it showed the rate @nd it said 0p.. but that’s probably too much to hope for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts