Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro Advance Plus
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When driving with family I always use the AC to get maximum comfort. But when driving alone, what's the best way to minimize consumption and still get acceptable comfort?

When it's hot weather, I tend to turn off AC, and turn on the butt cooling off necessary. When driving relatively fast the air that comes through even though the AC is turned off enough. When driving slow I open the window to let some more air in.

I haven't driven the Niro in cold climate yet. But my idea is to do the same but reverse, turn off A/C and use butt heating and steering wheel heating.

How do you achieve this, or maybe it's not worth it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
This ^^. With an 80-90% charge flip the climate control off and the GOM will tell you you've gained about 3-4 miles range. Frankly not worth the bother sweating or shivering. If you must then use the driver only button.
I also love that i get free charge at work.. i'm possibly the most economically unfriendly E-Niro driver ever.. the car's still averaging over 4.4kWH over 3500 miles.. having bought it in winter. It's a seriously impressive bit of kit.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+ Yacht Blue. Jan 2021
163 Posts
Friday evening I sat in the car for an hour while my son had a tennis lesson. Put it in utility mode, with hvac on, listening to the radio.

Total consumption 0.5 kWh.

Not worth being uncomfortable for such a tiny use of power.

·
Registered
107 Posts
When the first EVs came out, using AC would maybe take 20% of the battery and seriously hit your range. It's not really worth considering with something like a e-niro though imho. As others have said, enjoy being comfortable and just treat it like any other car!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts