Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think Milton Keynes council are doing many, many things wrong with regards to signage, slow chargers, harebrained schemes for £64,000,000 electric rickshaws... But one thing we do have is plenty of charge points in our town centre.

How would, or does, your down compare when it comes to available EV charging points?

2013-11-24 13.51.40.jpg

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,443 Posts
Crieff has no public charging points, nearest place with charging points is Perth, which has 3 posts of standard charges and 2 rapid charger posts for 'Charge Your Car' but not yet functional at the Park & Ride. Asda in Perth has 2 standard Chargemaster posts, often ICd.
Kinross has a couple of 'Charge Your Car' posts at the Park & Ride, not on the map yet as being operational but I have been able to use them for the last few weekends when visiting.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To give it some perspective a LOT of those are regularly ICEd too, and most are 13a posts, but still, it's pretty damned impressive I think. Sounds streets ahead of your neck of the woods at any rate!

·
Registered
991 Posts
My town is poorly served. In fact, so far, the only chargers I have found in the local area are the 14 x charge points (yes 14!!) installed at our newly reopened garden centre. Thankfully the Rapid charger at Fleet Services is only 5mins from me.

·
Registered
991 Posts
All but one (which was empty), no EVs. But the garden centre has just re-opened after a major expansion and it was a Saturday in the run up to Christmas. So I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that this won't be the norm.

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
Aberdeen is starting to do very well

AberdeenChargers.png

This is just the city centre, there are more further out and even more in the pipeline.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Cambridge only has two low power points with. 3 hour limit in its city center carparks but given the cost of parking is eye watering no one uses them and they wonder why.

Recently park and ride sites have been setup with 7kw but constantly ICEd and given its park and ride there is no chance to get them moved.

No rapid charging nearby

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,443 Posts
I was in Perth centre and found in the South Inch car Park, 6 bays with 3 charging posts. I don't think they are commissioned yet as there were no stickers or identification marks on them but they are part of the 'Charge your Car' network.
When I went to leave I could not get the cable to release from the charging post. I had to call 'Charge your Car' to have them release the cable.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sadly tonight (and earlier in the day it turns out) almost all the chargers seemed to be out of order, and the few that were active were either in use (two plugs) or ICEd (a couple of other posts). Nowhere to charge. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts