Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting for delivery of a Renault Zoe R90 40w signature, think i have a good deal, but no doubt the better bargain hunters will laugh at me! one question I have is they have quoted me £134 per month for the battery on unlimited mileage, and £124 for the Signature Nav (it was ordered as a demonstrator by Renault, but they changed it to Retail so it has all extras as well)

From my POV the deal went like this
£4500 off from Govt
£6000 off from Renault
£7500 for my Ford Focus
Three year PCP deal

Whether good or bad, looking forward to not visiting the Garage again (unless its milk on a Monday morning) as usual i get the 7KW home charger, I haven't signed the final paper work yet, so would welcome advice on Battery and deal generally. Look forward to hearing what you think :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
So you'll be paying £250/month in total?
£9K over 3 years? I would have bought a 2nd hand leaf outright for that
throw in £7.5K for your existing car and you are looking at used bmw i3 prices.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm good point, although i want new as first EV, need to do 62 miles a day so Leaf is OK, but we are not allowed to charge at work :( called benefits in kind for gods sake! at the end of the 3 years final payment of £3K and its mine

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,362 Posts
It's not a bad price, and you are getting 40kWh (only currently possible on this sort of Zoe deal) which you might really want or need.

Difficult to say if you are not quoting the number of miles you're planning to cover, but, hey, if you cover 30,000 miles a year and you are spending £7500 + [£258 x 36] = £16,788, then that works out at 18.6p/mile.

My Ampera was around the 20p/mile range, and the Kia Soul lease I have just signed up to is going to work out at around 20p/mile. I would say that is good motoring too.

If you do less than 28,000 mile a year and could manage with 'just' 30kWh then the Soul would have been a better deal for you, FWIW.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Waiting for delivery of a Renault Zoe R90 40w signature, think i have a good deal, but no doubt the better bargain hunters will laugh at me! one question I have is they have quoted me £134 per month for the battery on unlimited mileage, and £124 for the Signature Nav (it was ordered as a demonstrator by Renault, but they changed it to Retail so it has all extras as well)

From my POV the deal went like this
£4500 off from Govt
£6000 off from Renault
£7500 for my Ford Focus
Three year PCP deal

Whether good or bad, looking forward to not visiting the Garage again (unless its milk on a Monday morning) as usual i get the 7KW home charger, I haven't signed the final paper work yet, so would welcome advice on Battery and deal generally. Look forward to hearing what you think :)
It's a good deal.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was Short Lived, received a call today from CCRMotorCO (Renault dealer in Weston Super Mare), apologising as when they transferred the on route demonstrator to Retail, somebody else bought it and now I can have the same deal on a different car in October/November!!!!! Deposit of £250 refunded, so no Electric car for me :( Just shows Renault are no more or less than the other greedy bar stewards and as trustworthy as Shere Khan the Tiger, back to the drawing board, Not sure a leaf is what i want

1 - 6 of 6 Posts