Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav 7kw
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

The council car park I sometimes park in (pre-COVID) near my parents house has just installed and switched live some 7KW posts, on the hubsta network. I've downloaded the app and created an account and am none-the-wiser how it actually works as it has not asked me for any payment method (nor can I see the option in settings to add one), nor when I browse any charger does it show me any payment rates.

On Hubsta's website itself I can locate the charger and it says "£0.00p per kWh inc VAT when a member of the Hubsta Network. £0.30p per kWh inc VAT for Pay as you go, Third party schemes & roaming networks. However rates may change so please check with your e-mobility provider for up to date pricing."

What's the difference between being a "member" and PAYG given I can see no pre-paid membership option on their website. Surely being a member isn't just creating an account in the app?

Very confused. Anyone used one of these posts?

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,897 Posts
Looks like they're still complete clowns then. I joined them ages ago as they'd taken over Western Super Mare and I fancied a day trip down there. Didn't go as after they couldn't even manage to sort out a working login in days I realised what kind of buffoons I was dealing with. I have a tag but no payment method has ever been connected to the account. I have a vague memory that you can only do it via the website or the app but not both.

You can access hubsta chargers via Electric Juice so I'd sign up to that instead. You get a card so you don't have to deal with Hubsta directly.

They may accept other network cards like New Motion or Chargepoint. I'd use one of those.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aha good recommendation, tried ChargePoint etc and no luck but occasionally use Osprey with contactless so may as well get myself an electric juice RFID and use it for both Hubsta and Osprey!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,162 Posts
Aha good recommendation, tried ChargePoint etc and no luck but occasionally use Osprey with contactless so may as well get myself an electric juice RFID and use it for both Hubsta and Osprey!
FYI - Electric Juice now works on Ionity too, with a 5% discount.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I emailed Hubsta. Turns out I'd missed an email from them with a link to a direct debit form I need to fill out. So that's, fine, I guess. Also, they seem to be saying that by using their app and having an account on it I am a "Hubsta member" and therefore would then get the £0.00 rate. Let's see how long that one lasts, I assume it's a promo rate as it's a new post. Can't imagine this particular council (known for their excessive use of PCNs and having no free on street or council car parking) providing free charging indefinitely!

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,897 Posts
Pretty sure when I signed up the process didn't send an email and support had to be prompted to make it be sent. That was nearly 2 years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts